Remote Controlled e-Bike Lock, a few questions :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Basically the target audience is limited to middle-aged Hipsters working in Media or IT who live in Amsterdam. Do we have any of those on here?

(the above comment may contain some massive generalisations)

Too old
Dodgy hip
Don't work in media
Don't work in IT
Don't live in Amsterdam

Yet I use a "Nurse's Lock" such as the one in the images, and the chain attachment

AXA_Defender_slot_insteekketting_veloretti.jpg

OP
OP
Q

qucon2015

Too old
Dodgy hip
Don't work in media
Don't work in IT
Don't live in Amsterdam

Yet I use a "Nurse's Lock" such as the one in the images, and the chain attachment

AXA_Defender_slot_insteekketting_veloretti.jpg
This target group limitation was not given from me. But I understand your point. However, it would be more suitable if you could beneficial contribute the discussion and not just shoot bullit points :smile: Tell me what should be better? How does it need to be approached?

Drago

Legendary Member
I couldn't complete the survey, as my 'car' is old fashioned and doesn't have a remote unlocking system, so couldn't progress to the end. Bung in an extra option there and I'll gladly finish it for you.

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
I really can't see any genuine benefit being offered here, other than allowing the user to look cool which, given that they're riding an E-bike, is already a lost cause.
What's next, power-assisted steering?

Ern1e

Über Member
We're cynical, grumpy, and smell of wee?
There was me thinking it was the "shut up old man what do you know" thing I stand corrected !

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Using my remote last night in the car I realised the other big assumption here. My car remote is easy because I have it to hand whenever I'm at the car. It's either integral to the key, or it slots in to the dash. When I leave the car it is in my hand already. With a bike, it would be buried somewhere. It wouldn't be handily in my front pocket because I don't cycle in trousers with front pockets and even if I did I'd be worried about it falling out. The time taken to use this lock would still be large because I'd still need to rummage around for the remote device. And in the UK I'd still need to be locking the bike to something. It might have use in Amsterdam, but i still lock my bikes to something when I am there. I can't see it ever being beneficial in the UK.

Top Bottom