Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Rename it to something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Founder
I propose renaming the Folding Bikes forum to Special Interests to broaden its scope.

It might not be the best name for it, but I don't think there is enough posting volume to support a Folder's specific forum at present.

Choose from the following:

1) Leave it alone
2) Rename it to Special Interests
3) Rename it to something else

If you go for 3 let me have your idea for an alternative forum name to cover everything else that isn't already catered for :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi
"Special interests"is a bit too C+!

Lacking imagination to come up with anything better right now.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I guess it would merge with recumbents, and the 'classic' category mentioned elsewhere?

I'd be happy for Special Interests to cover those, if we can keep Fixed separate. Just that otherwise Fixed tends to take over...

Would be nice to have different name, to make a break with C+, but not sure what else would cover the lot...

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
What about something exotic sounding like Velo Intéresse Spécial? :thumbsup:

It's a hard call trying to find something that encompasses; folders, trikes, tandems, rickshaws, unicycles (not sure if they count?), penny farthings, adapted bikes & handbikes, etc.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Admin said:
What about something exotic sounding like Velo Intéresse Spécial? :thumbsup:

It's a hard call trying to find something that encompasses; folders, trikes, tandems, rickshaws, unicycles (not sure if they count?), penny farthings, adapted bikes & handbikes, etc.

True...

"Selection pack"? "Odds and Sods"? "Special Stuff"

Of course unicycles 'count' - let's be inclusive...
:thumbsup:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
You could try a Velo Intéresse Spécial Section or what ever section is in French, then move Recumbent & HPV, Singlespeed / Fixed and Folding Bikes (and seeing as the section has a French name, Doping :thumbsup:)...

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
rename it special interests and they will come :thumbsup:

Pete

Ah, I see it's now fait accompli. Seems good to me. I'd go for merging the 'bent/HPV threads in there too. Another thought: I wonder whether 'cyclo-cross' could be merged either with MTB or 'race'? Can of worms opening time?

Incidentally, does this forum support 'child' boards (sections grouped under other sections)?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Pete said:
Incidentally, does this forum support 'child' boards (sections grouped under other sections)?

Good question, I'll have a look and see when I get chance. ;)

Blonde

'Alternative' section? Difficult to see what you can call it without it all sounding a bit top-shelf-mag... ;)

We all know what 'special interests' means though and that's all that matters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom