Rent Tents, Bivis, Sleeping Bags, Rucksacks, Jackets etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
“All-terrain 4x4 vehicles will be used should we need to reach an athlete quickly, and mountain rescue and the coastguards will be on standby for emergencies.”

They make it sound like they’ve paid Mountain Rescue and Coastguard. Rather than, should we fark up, these volunteer organisations will step in.

I have to say 30 miles per day is well into just backpacking over 4 days terrain. Maybe you get a four course meal with Bollinger champagne at every aid station?

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
says it's best for 10 degrees plus though so clearly not a lot of insulation.
I read that it is OK for 2 degrees upwards, which is plenty good enough for me nowadays, (most of my touring is in the summer) and at other times I'd just lay it on a closed cell mat. I'm more bothered about the comfort it gives and it's miles better than my thermarest.

simongt

Guru
As the GLW and I have invested in a larger tent, I felt some extra pegs would be wise. Thus went into Aldi to get a box of same.
When I got them home, I checked what I had and basically they're a set of very large long bolts. Not a problem, as the thread helps to grip in the ground, but what cracked me up was the handy attachment thoughtfully provided. It fits into a battery powered electric drill ( essential equipment for all campers nowadays - ! :laugh: ) and engages onto the end of the peg so you can now effortlessly drill your tent pegs into and out of the ground - ! :rofl:

Top Bottom