Repainting my aluminium bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, guys

I was wondering how I would go about repainting my bike? I have carbon forks which would stay as they are due to being black already which is what I want to paint the bike. I'd like to have a glossy finish. Is there any advice, video or place I could take it to have it professional done? cheers
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Get it done professionally. You can't sand an ally frame as this damages the shot-peened surface finish and promotes cracking, so either get a pro to do it or pay to have the frame soft media blasted before you DIY it.
 

screenman

Squire
I have never seen a quality lasting DIY finish on a bike frame so I would also say professional. To be fair it does not cost much to go that way.
 

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Location
County Durham
Don't know where in London, but I got a frame and forks blasted and powder coated for £40. Popped into my LBS and asked if he knew anyone, 1 week later job was done.
 

screenman

Squire
TLC, sorry but I am not local to you so I do not know the answer to your question. However Andy-R seems to have the right idea.
 
Top Bottom