Repairing carbon fibre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Harry Street said:
I'm sorry you feel like that working at Lotus is somthing to brag about as it was a great F1 team but unless you where there you won't know! as for saying I'm a scavenger not true! All I was trying to say is you can fix carbon bikes as you well know and as you have pointed out there are several place's that can do a good job for you so don't through them in the bin and for riding my bike which I do most days if the weather carrys on like it is I'm going to get a boat !

it certainly was a great f1 team, especially when ayrton senna was with them.

welcome to cycle chat harry.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I recently bought a full carbon bike jobbie (Spesh Roubaix) so can you let me have the companies contact details - just in case like...

Harry Street said:
Hi there is a company that can fix your carbon frames its called Carbon Repair Technology ltd it has been set up by two ex Formular 1 composite engineers they can fix most frames

Harry Street

Hi thanks for the support I probably got off on the wrong foot with HeartAttack my fault sorry! and the company he has mentioned will do a great job especaly with a man from Lotus there, I didnt want to come over as just trying to sell my services I love bikes and just wanted to try and get rid of the mith you have to throw them away if you are unlucky enough to break it and spend lots of money buying another!!
I would love to help just send me a private message

aran20

Agreed, I've just had my FELT DA repaired by a boat repair company and they've don a grand job. Mind you it only involved glueing the carbon seatpost into the carbon frame because the seatpost clamp had failed..

Stevep4

Harry,
what would you recommend for carbon lacquer?
I am looking at some older carbon wheels which for cosmetic purposes will need the decals removed and replaced. I suspect that these are under the existing lacquer rather than on top. This would require sanding down with some fine wet & dry (I suspect) then re-lacquer with ???

I am quite close to HQ fibre, but have yet to see much of their work (ok they did the fairing on my dads motorbike 30 yrs ago). Not using e-mail or having a website does not help ther cause much.....

monnet

Guru
I don't know who they use, but I believe Scott have a set up that allows for carbon repairs (especially necessary given the carbon drop outs on Addicts) - about £90 plus p&p as I understand for a new pair of rear drop outs. If you speak to your local Scott dealer they might be able to put you in touch.

Top Bottom