Replacement chainrings: 46/34

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can anyone give me a heads up as to acquiring a replacement set of the above?

Have noticed that the big ring on my Wiggins is getting a tad worn. The little ring not quite so much, but they will both want replacing in the not too distant future. Cassette still looks ok.

Am happy with the current gearing on the bike (46/34 on the front, 11-30 8 speed cassette on the back) and I just don't have the legs to turn a 50 or a 52.

Any ideas, folks?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Assuming you're on a 110BCD, Spa Cycles have the outer for £21 and the inner for £16 (both in silver)

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Thanks. :thumbsup: Shame they don't have in black (which the originals are), but I can live with silver if it does the job.

I'm assuming that the 110BCD is the diameter of the circle of bolts holding the things in place. If that's the case, then yes, and it's a 5 bolt setup.
If it's the black you're after, they have their own brand for £24 for the outer and £18 for the inner and I think I prefer this version so when mine need replacing...

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Cheers. I'll keep those in mind. :thumbsup:

Will also mosey down to my LBS and see what the bods in there have to offer. Am looking for something a bit more durable than the OEM - have done a reasonable (but not excessive) mileage since buying the bike, but probably way beyond what something aimed at junior riders is expected to do.

Tizme

Veteran
Spa's "own brand" chain rings (in black):
https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s210p0/Parts-and-Accessories/Components-Gears-Chainrings-Spa
They look, in my opinion, really nice. I have replaced several chain rings with these, in fact I am thinking of changing a perfectly good outer for one of these, simply so that it matches the inner I changed:rolleyes: (36t inner to 33t).

Top Bottom