Replacement Desktop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Are these things a good buy?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAST-DELL-DUAL-CORE-4-2-GHZ-4-GB-GAMING-DESKTOP-PC-WINDOWS-7-NVIDIA-GRAPHICS-/141369037102?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item20ea40512e

My five year old low spec desktop is beginning to creak a bit and rather than wait till it dies getting an upgraded replacement for a onner seems an attractive option. I'm not sure what life span I could expect from a refurbished pc, bearing in mind that when I do replace the current HP it will only be with whatever is the cheapest Currys have at that particular time.

albion

Guru
80GB hard drive tells you it is something ancient from way back towards the year 2000

Probably worth £25 to someone.

albion

Guru
Well you found one of the worst Optiplex's on ebay. £35 top whack is likely what it is really worth. It does not even have Wifi or something that has ever been called a gaming GPU.

paul04

Über Member
I have been using this PC company for a while (only a few miles from my house) they have some refurbished pc's
Have a look here.
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Refu..._asc&p=cF9zdHlsZT0mcF9wcm9kdWN0c1BlclBhZ2U9Jg==

sidevalve

Über Member
Bought one very similar about a year ago [mine was £85 if I remember ok] - no problems at all. Small HD means very little, if the PC came without a HD [as many ex industrial ones do] then they would fit the cheapest they could get ie a small one. I purchased a remote 1TB, [safer and these are MUCH cheaper than they were] drive for storage anyhow so the onboard one only really holds the OS. As for windows 7 it's each to his own. IMHO it's complication for it's own sake ans XP did 99% of what every ordinary user really wanted - still such is progress and now windows 8 [and 10] give the geeks something else to play with. I installed Linux and found it better all round but as I said each to his own and 7 is ok.

young Ed

Veteran
depends what you want it for, office work and running word and the internet yeah it should be fine but a big NO for high speed gaming or video/photo editing and running photoshop etc
we have only bought refurbed desktops for the last few years and they seem to be fine, never had a prob
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom