Replacement Rechargeable Battery Cree XML U2 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lard Armstrong

Veteran
Has anyone come across a SolarStorm lookalike called Brite R Duo ? They were selling on Amazon but are not available. The light's pretty good but the battery is crap and I need to get a replacement.

Thing is, the battery is 6000mAh, but the voltage is unusally 4.2V and apears to be 4x18650s in a single unit.

All the other batteries I can find are 8.4V or similar. It's a shame to have to buy another light because the battery is rubbish.

Any suggestions ?

Broadside

Guru
Lookup torchythebatteryboy, he also sells through ebay. He makes battery packs so if you can't find what you need he will probably be able to help. I use a 4 x 18650 and he charged me £30 for it.

OP
OP
Lard Armstrong

Lard Armstrong

Veteran
I'll see if he can do something special. Thanks.
For the record, evidently 4.2V chargers are hard to come by and it appears the batteries are a little esoteric. So I guess I should have checked more carefully before buyng.

I did buy one of these from Torchy though, which is amazing. The beam is far reaching and less of a wide flood than some of the others I have seen. It works well in unlit roads, you can see a long way ahead, but also illuminate the near distance in front of the wheel, etc. Service was as ever excellent and it arrived quickly. Can't recommend too highly.

S.Giles

The light mentioned in the OP looks very similar to the one I bought for £14 on Ebay. The battery pack consisted of two dummy batteries and two reclaimed ones (only one of which worked properly). I swapped the battery pack for one made up from two old Nokia phone batteries (Sony branded), and couldn't be more happy with the result, although anyone undertaking long night-time rides would probably need more mA-hr capacity.

Steve

Top Bottom