Replacement Strap for bike light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

united4ever

Über Member
It's a meteor pro (See pic). Great light but the strap has broke. I can't even seem to remove the strap bracket if I were to buy a replacement.

Can I replace this and if so any links to the correct bracket to buy and how to replace?

Surely I don't need to buy a brand new light do I? It's perfectly good otherwise.

Attachments

• 20220818_233054.jpg
    20220818_233054.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 16608621636501452337132356326307.jpg
    16608621636501452337132356326307.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 6

Ajax Bay

Guru
Strap looks similar dimensions to one used to strap raceblades to each fork/seat stay. Assume there's some disassembly method and substitute and secure such a replacement.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It's a meteor pro (See pic). Great light but the strap has broke. I can't even seem to remove the strap bracket if I were to buy a replacement.

Can I replace this and if so any links to the correct bracket to buy and how to replace?

Surely I don't need to buy a brand new light do I? It's perfectly good otherwise.

I reckon you'd be able to fettle the strap from an Aldi-meteor copy. Both i think connect to the light with a single M3 allen bolt.

Super glue also worked quite well on one of mine where the rubber strap split.

vickster

Legendary Member

You can buy new/extra brackets. I think I got an extra one a couple of years back from Amazon? But actually my LBS sell
https://www.balfesbikes.co.uk/dpt/pgr/moon-meteor-x-rubber-strap-bracket__18172

I just Googled Moon Meteor pro bracket 👍🏻
This looks to be the cheapest in stock

Just slide light off old one and job done (press the little button in and slide the light forwards off it). Going forwards to preserve the rubber, take the light off the bracket and not the bracket and light off the bike together if that’s what you have been doing. Far far simpler

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

united4ever

Über Member
Thanks. Ordered the Balfes replacement bracket.

There is a screw under the foam so could detach the light that way but the button on the side and pushing forward was not working. Thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks. Ordered the Balfes replacement bracket.

There is a screw under the foam so could detach the light that way but the button on the side and pushing forward was not working. Thanks.

Odd

Top Bottom