Replacing a cable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Okay, I have a lovely new bike which is blue all over, with a few streaks of yellow but have a few issues with a cable. The frame is made by Camerondale and the groupset, along with the components, are made by a company called Clegg?

Recently one of the vince cables snapped and I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions for replacing it and where I could go to get someone to do it? Have heard that Simon Hughes of Whitehall is a good choice for this sort of work but I'm not sure if he runs the shop anymore? I think he may have been 2nd in charge once, but now the shop is co-owned so if he was 2nd in charge he must now be deputy, deputy?

I wonder if he's worth it at all, in fact? Any other suggestions?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Shouldn't this be in P&L ?:smile:

battered

Guru
Hmmm, not sure I share your enthusiasm for the Camerondale frame. I wouldn't have chosen it, they do get VERY mixed reviews and I've heard people expressing doubts about their longevity. That said, the old steel framed Brown was past its best, to be fair I don't think they'd developed the design much of recent years and really missed out on some real changes in the market over the last year or two.

I'm not sure about the cable. Do you really need to replace it?

battered said:
Hmmm, not sure I share your enthusiasm for the Camerondale frame. I wouldn't have chosen it, they do get VERY mixed reviews and I've heard people expressing doubts about their longevity. That said, the old steel framed Brown was past its best, to be fair I don't think they'd developed the design much of recent years and really missed out on some real changes in the market over the last year or two.

I'm not sure about the cable. Do you really need to replace it?

That is a Surly bastardised...

Top Bottom