Replacing Carbon forks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twobiker

Hello, I have a Specialized Sequoia 2005/6 with carbon forks with zertz inserts and I am worried as to whether or not the forks will last the life of the bike or if they would need to be changed, have had a couple of falls recently and cannot afford any more time off thank you.

gbb

Legendary Member
The full carbon forks on my Bianchi are 3 years old and having inspected them as closely as i can, they are fine.
By closely i mean remove from the bike and look REAL close under good light for any fine cracks or anything that doesnt look right. Special attention to the crown and where the stem clamps on. Even then, you cant see under the bottom bearing ring, but you can only do so much.
Carbon forks do fail, reading about it prompted me to inspect mine.
After a couple of falls, i'd be especially wary if there was any impact (especially frontal) to the front wheel.

PK99

Legendary Member
Hello, I have a Specialized Sequoia 2005/6 with carbon forks with zertz inserts and I am worried as to whether or not the forks will last the life of the bike or if they would need to be changed, have had a couple of falls recently and cannot afford any more time off thank you.

in the blurb that came with my Tricross, they recommended changing forks after 3 years - but they would wouldn't they!

OP
OP
twobiker

twobiker

Thank you for the replies,I may just be paroniod but my LBS is a H*t P*****t outlet and they seem to like spending my money,so am reluctant to take it in.

OP
OP
twobiker

twobiker

I myself have used several swear words in there, they once gave my daughters bike back after the free service with a flat tyre.
angry.gif

Top Bottom