Replacing my wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sammy2023

HI ALL -

I would like to replace my current wheelset on my Felt Z5 road bike. it currently has stock wheel set - Felt Road RSL3 (Tubeless Ready), 22mm Width, 24mm Depth - 2.0mm stainless steel - Front Hub Felt R3, sealed bearing, 28H - Rear Hub Felt R3, sealed cartridge bearing, 32H, 11-speed - Tires Felt All Weather, 700 x 25c.

I wanted to get some carbon wheel set - from amazon - Superteam 700c Carbon Bicycle Wheel Front 60mm Rear 88mm Clincher Wheelset with Transparent Decal -

——— How do I know what will fit my bike? Am I looking for the 700c and making sure that the cassette fitting is = fit for Shiman0 8/9/10/11 speed?
specs on the new wheelset is below from amazon

Product description on Amazon is:
Type: Carbon Wheelset
Rim Size: 700CxFront 60mm Rear 88mm Clincher
Rim Finish: 3k Matte
Basalt Braking Surface
Rim Depth: Front 60mm Rear 88mm
Rim Width: 23mm
Spoke Holes: Front 20 holes + Rear 24 holes
Feature: 12-layer carbon on brake track (6-layer carbon on rim body)
Cassette Body: fit for Shiman0 8/9/10/11 speed
Hubs: R13 Hub Black
Spoke: Aero Spokes Black
Nipple: CN Alloy External Nipple Black
Included Accessories : Brake pads ,Quick release(Skewers) Black
Max Recommend Rider Weight: 120KG
Max Recommend Tire Pressure: 125PSI
Weight of Wheelset: 1720g±30g/pair
Logo Painting: Could be customized according to your need
Warranty:2 years under normal usage

Many thanks for input and help.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Should be fine. You even get brake pads. Might need a spacer on the freehub depending on what speed you running.

That looks to be a rim brake set of wheels on Amazon with QR skewers. If so if your current wheels are rim brake with QR they'll fit. You'll need to change your brake pads for carbon ones and may need a spacer depending upon your current derailleur speed and you may need to tweak your brake pad placement.

OP
OP
S

Sammy2023

That looks to be a rim brake set of wheels on Amazon with QR skewers. If so if your current wheels are rim brake with QR they'll fit. You'll need to change your brake pads for carbon ones and may need a spacer depending upon your current derailleur speed and you may need to tweak your brake pad placement.

Thanks much HLab - Yes I do have rim breaks - so I must change - awesome!!!

Top Bottom