Reply to post read/unread puzzler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
More a puzzler than anything else as I can't figure it out.

I always stay logged in but occasionally when I reply to a post and then go back to Today's posts. There's my post at the top but displayed in Bold as if it contains posts I haven't read. Yet if I go back into it, it's all read and mine is the last.

Most times it's right and displays the post normally as one I've read with mine as the last contribution.

Eh!

Shaun

Founder
Happens to me too.

I think it's just a cookie thing; it just goes, well, you know, what's the technical term - squiffy - yes, that's it, squiffy. ;)

I find, that if you write a post, and while you are doing this, someone else posts in the thread, this happens. Once posting, you are taken to the thread, and you can see the other post by the other user. However, the system doesn't recognise that you have read the other post, and so when you come out of that thread, it thinks there are new posts.

I suppose it makes sure you don't miss any posts above you new one.

Does that make sense! :evil:

Shaun

Founder
magnatom said:
I find, that if you write a post, and while you are doing this, someone else posts in the thread, this happens. Once posting, you are taken to the thread, and you can see the other post by the other user. However, the system doesn't recognise that you have read the other post, and so when you come out of that thread, it thinks there are new posts.

I suppose it makes sure you don't miss any posts above you new one.

Does that make sense! :laugh:

So what you're saying here is that it's squiffy? :laugh:

Will1985

Über Member
A type of American biscuit which lives in your computer and tells the website you are viewing that you have visited before and there is no need for more biscuits...

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Will I need to empty my computer of biscuit crumbs every so often?
Might this not encourage mice.:laugh:

col

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
Oy! Can you lot P!ss off from my serious question :biggrin:

;)

Its a of sort little programme put into your pc so you dont have to keep signing into a website all the time, and helps speed up the page opening I think ?

Top Bottom