Report or don't report?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Uncle Phil said:
Hang on a minute...

If it's reported, the police can decide...whether to do anything or not.

If it's not reported, they can't make this decision. But it's they who make it, not TDLC.

:blush::smile::tongue::smile:

Hear, hear,( 'n' all that stuff)

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Slightly O/T. Took the dog for a walk yesterday and he found a huge pile of leaves, boy was he having fun.
I thought, I remember when I used to do that as a bairn. Looking round I thought sod it ! And joined him.
Great fun !!! Felt like I was 6 again !

Tetedelacourse said:
Come cycling in my area, you don't even have to get off your bike to do that!

There is a mound of leaves on my way home that I must admit being tempted to cycle through. But yes I know there could be a boulder/pothole/ned inside the pile so I will resist the temptation. Actually thinking about it, without any of these things inside I would probably still go over the handlebars :blush: :tongue:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
magnatom said:
There is a mound of leaves on my way home that I must admit being tempted to cycle through. But yes I know there could be a boulder/pothole/ned inside the pile so I will resist the temptation. Actually thinking about it, without any of these things inside I would probably still go over the handlebars :blush: :tongue:

One of the few times I dropped the motorbike. Only a 250cc. I was going to where I worked. At that time it was a rehab hospital, for amputees. Nice long tree lined driveway. You could follow the drive down to the unit, or take the dogleg on the right, into the carpark.

The damp leaves took both wheels at the same time as I was entering the right turn……

I only ever dropped the bike twice, both due to bad surfaces at about 15mph.

Least the damage wasn’t bad. A few weeks ago a hyuuuuge biker dropped his Harley just behind me. I’d entered a junction at about 10-15mph, he’d followed. I had to stop. He couldn’t.

Must have done about £1k damage to his shiny steed.

Decided it was probably best not to say much apart from “You were behind me and my brake lights are working”

Maz

Guru
I wouldn't bother reporting it - next time they might throw something worse, like a whole twig. I'm also glad you didn't retaliate.
I was once hit hard in the eye with a snowball by some schoolkids whilst cycling to work. I got off my bike, went over to the culprits and gave them a real b@llocking.
...unfortunately, now I pass these feckers every day. They know who I am and likewise. It's an uneasy truce. Can't wait for 'em to leave school...

Maz said:
I'm also glad you didn't retaliate.
I was once hit hard in the eye with a snowball by some schoolkids whilst cycling to work. I got off my bike, went over to the culprits and gave them a real b@llocking.
...unfortunately, now I pass these feckers every day. They know who I am and likewise. It's an uneasy truce. Can't wait for 'em to leave school...

So are you saying that it is right to let them bully you?

domtyler

Über Member
Tetedelacourse said:
At the risk of lessening my plight further, I should mention that the majority of them were girls. I'd still hit one of them if they threw a stone at me though.

"Sir, Sir Lisa threw a leaf at me and it made me cwy" <sniff>

:tongue::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::evil::blush::evil: Sorry, couldn't resist one last flame before heading off home!

Maz

Guru
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
So are you saying that it is right to let them bully you?
Bullying is when it's repetitive. This was a one-off incident that, in retrospect, I feel was not worth retaliating about.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Report it TDLC and make a fuss that this is eactly the kind of the that CPSO's are supposed to be out and about for.

One small technical point, we don't have CPSO in Scotland...

So you best option is to mug goo_mason, nick his airzound, bought for the same sort of reason, and use that.... that's if you can catch goo:evil:

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

I know where that nutcase works. Might stake out the bike shed at lunchtime.

Dom, ha ha that sums up beautifully the whole "don't report it" side of me!

PrettyboyTim

Tetedelacourse said:
Ah yes. So essentially it's Prettyboy Tim's fault for winning the ATC2000. Tim, I hope you're happy with yourself.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAA! :blush:

To be honest, much like snowballing they probably just thought it was a bit of fun. A friendly word might be enough. I guess it depends on the demeanour of the kids.

bonj2

So you've been leafed. probably annoying if you didn't find it funny, but I wouldn't have thought a leafing was worthy of invoking the strong arm of the law. I'm not sure what crime you'd class it as, really...

bonj2

Seriously though, kids get up to mischief to rebel. If they get told off by the police for committing a leafing they're only going to feel resentful of adults and 'the system', and are just going to rebel more. Just be happy in the knowlege that while those kids were giving you a leafing, there was an old lady walking through an underpass not being mugged.

Top Bottom