"Report post" button hangs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
As the title says, really. The report box pops up, but then the computer hangs.

I'm in Dolphin Browser on an android tablet, with the "Ipad" user agent as suggested elsewhere on here.

Shaun

Founder
Thanks for reporting it - I've posted it into the bug reports section of XF in case it is an error, but otherwise cannot find any similar reports and wouldn't know how to fix it, sorry.

Presumably it works okay for you when using a PC or other device?

OP
OP
srw

srw

It's fine on the PC, which is the only other device I'm using. It's not just the "report bug" box, it's also the "edit own post" box.

I'll try it using other user agents.

OP
OP
srw

srw

And for the record - the same thing happens on the Android stock browser, so it's not just Dolphin.

Shaun

Founder
Hmmmm ... there are a number of people reporting similar freezing and lockup problems either with the skock browser or with Dolphin for Pad and the common link seems to be Android Tablets running 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

Can you confirm which OS you're using?

Shaun

Founder
Oh, and apparently there's a Chrome beta for Android that some people are reporting as working fine with XF sites - might be worth a punt until ICS gets and update?

OP
OP
srw

srw

Yes, I'm on Ice Cream Sandwich (why they have to give OSs daft names, I don't know - I blame Apple).

I'll have a play with the Chrome Beta. You'd have thought that google's browser ought to work with google's OS, wouldn't you?

[Edit] edited with Chrome beta. Which is more of an alpha minus - it falls over every 20 minutes. But it's a proper browser.

Top Bottom