Reporting collisions

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by gambatte, 8 May 2008.

  1. gambatte

    gambatte Middle of the pack...

    S Yorks
    Argument solving only: :smile:

    We keep seeing that a driver has to report to the police any incident where an incident occurs which causes personal injury.

    Anyone point me in the direction of the road traffic legislation.

    Be even better if someone could paraphrase what the requirement actually is....:?:

  2. frog

    frog Guest

    [Law RTA 1988 sect 170]

    If another person is injured and you do not produce your insurance certificate at the time of the crash to a police officer or to anyone having reasonable grounds to request it, you MUST

    report it to the police as soon as possible and in any case within 24 hours

    produce your insurance certificate for the police within seven days
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice