Research study on doping tests - Glasgow - volunteers needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
The test wants to jack people up on EPO :eek: this thickens the blood and paces strain on the heart, its particularly dangerous while you sleep as the heart rate slows, you have increased risk of blood clots and strokes... Thanks but no thanks.
Think you need some Texans from a Trek forum, they are generally more adventurous than myself.. :laugh:

mark st1

Plastic Manc
If he is interested in the affects of coke or weed gimmie a shout I'm up for that but this EPO shoot sounds a bit dodgy tbh ! I may even be interested if he wants to examine the affect of sleeping with a hooker the night before a ride but the money would have to be right for that.

Many Thanks.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The test wants to jack people up on EPO :eek: this thickens the blood and paces strain on the heart, its particularly dangerous while you sleep as the heart rate slows, you have increased risk of blood clots and strokes... Thanks but no thanks.
Think you need some Texans from a Trek forum, they are generally more adventurous than myself.. :laugh:
If it's WADA funded, wouldn't it be more about detection than physical performance?

EDIT: I just followed the link and, yes, it is about microdosing and masking agents. ''"A Systems Biology Biomarker Based Approach to the Detection of Microdose Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Doping."

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
If it's WADA funded, wouldn't it be more about detection than physical performance?

That's one of the issues I have with it... it offers no advancement for medical care. Its simply putting peoples lives and health at risk to improve detection in sport.
Seven cyclists died in their sleep in a 13 month span after using EPO, The oldest being 35 and the youngest being 16. The rampant use of EPO during the Armstrong era was accompanied by the riders being carefully monitored by doctors.
I doubt WADA are going to have a doctor monitor me, or give me a kings cremation and look after my family if things go wrong..
So considering that participating in this test risks my health and benefits nobody else's.... I'm really out

Ern1e

Über Member
My other half suffers from a blood disorder in which her blood is thick normaly and this condition is very serious as per your post the risk of clots/stroke and even death are very high! not something I would like to have people testing out even under strict supervision !!! ok testing is needed but at what cost/risk so why not contact your local anti coagulant clinc they know all about thick blood and what happens.

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Any cyclechatters end up signing up?

Jerome says he had a flood of interest after I posted here and on GRCM - even from people from America and Norway, who hadn't quite grasped the idea of visiting Glasgow twice a week for 3 months for the injections...

I had my pretreatment VO2max test at lunchtime today. That was exactly as tough as expected...

Top Bottom