Researching Japanese 73 vintage girls bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flashspix

Hi team, my research so far has only thrown up 1 or 2 examples of this early 70s Japanese Bike.
It is a Bridgestone Bike and has 2 serial no's one on the head J731911, I assume this is a 1973 model

There is a reflective serial no on the seat post on it, I can make out 88. 000J1
It has cute detailing I like the lugs, the examples I found when researching had a plainer type of lug.

I have refurbished and custom painted this bike with Pearlescent pink paint, with the lugs and guards in baby blue, in the sunlight the paintwork really does look spectacular,
if anyone can shed some additional info on the Bridgestone Reena I'd be very appreciative, here are some images.
http://www.flashspix.co.uk/p177196354/e9ac1be55
http://www.flashspix.co.uk/p177196354/e9ac1bd3d
http://www.flashspix.co.uk/p177196354/e9ac1b96f

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
We had something similar for my daughter quite a few years ago

Ours was more like early 80's and very lilac in colour

Will try and find a picture but can't promise i can find one

OP
OP
flashspix

flashspix

We had something similar for my daughter quite a few years ago

Ours was more like early 80's and very lilac in colour

Will try and find a picture but can't promise i can find one
Lol the original colour scheme on this bike was matt black, loved the little character touches when i spied it looking sorry and unloved at a local house clearance auction. It's taken me a while to get to it, now I'm gazing at it like a love sick puppy, fingers crossed and hoping it makes a lucky little girl's Christmas, the best ever.

OP
OP
flashspix

flashspix

Blimey that's a nice looking bike. Love the colour scheme.
Thanks Monty when I noticed the detailling on the lugs on this steel bike, I thought that by going baby blue and sparkly pink I would be able to highlight the original features of this 70s classic, the colourway design is my homage to vintage 70s road bikes with a bit of freestyle artistic license.
Bit of a gamble, so really appreciate the positive feedback Monty :smile:

I have noticed that vintage cycling forums are not frequented by the delinquents who feel it is their duty to tear a new ass out of every new post that appears, thanks chaps and womenfolk, love this community, bike by bike every refurb takes me closer to where my soul feels happiest, (Covered in grease and muck)

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@flashspix this is my daughters bike that i mentioned earlier

pingu & zoo 032.JPG
pingu & zoo 037.JPG
pingu & zoo 038.JPG
pingu & zoo 040.JPG
pingu & zoo 029.JPG

OP
OP
flashspix

flashspix

Perfect ! Love the colourway and 80s BMX style wheels, can definitely see a family resemblance here.

I have just spent all weekend de-rusting the Kick stand and rear parcel shelf, and refitting as part of my finishing touches, slighly different frame but see similarities in the rear wheel drop out, tube shapes.

I'm hoping some dad out there spies this post and wants it for his daughter's birthday or christmas, much rather take an offer on here than go through ebay.
:smile:

OP
OP
flashspix

flashspix

lol I was tempted at marketing it for small people, I applaud your opportunistic skills, today I snuck her into the car boot with the intention of getting some nice pics, took my DSLR with me and wasn't until I was at the viewpoint id realised my camera's memory card was still at home, #epicfail @biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
lol I was tempted at marketing it for small people, I applaud your opportunistic skills, today I snuck her into the car boot with the intention of getting some nice pics, took my DSLR with me and wasn't until I was at the viewpoint id realised my camera's memory card was still at home, #epicfail @biggs682
been there done similar

Top Bottom