Resolutions, food & celebrations!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Are you making any resolutions, having a special meal or celebrating in any way for the coming of 2015?

My one resolution is to be the best I can be - to be kind, helpful, and ride my bike as much as I can :smile:
As for food, hubby is working again, so I'll be doing a steak & stilton pie with trimmings when he gets out of bed at 5pm. Dessert is Tiramisu :smile:
I won't be celebrating and will be watching tv and staying up until both pubs have emptied and all is quiet :smile:

Have a good one, whatever you're doing tonight, and Happy New Year from me and mine :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
As every January, try to lose 10kg in the year :rolleyes:

Fubar

Guru
Quiet one for us, Karen is on call so probably watching the usual telly crap, trying to stay awake for the bells then heading off to bed - I used to wonder why my folks didn't bother with Hogmany but the older I get the more I become the same, a miserable git! Cycling on Thursday morning though :wahhey:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Seeing friends in Bristol for our traditional get together, just about 15 or so, and we turn on the TV to watch the fireworks at 12. Then sometime in the following hours head for home on mostly deserted roads. Rather unexpectantly our eldest has decided to come with us as they are feeling grotty and not up for the full on party that the rest of the housemates are heading out on the town, so they have decided to come home for the night and spread their lurgy to the rest of us;)

Quiet one for us as well. There's a party that a lot of the mums and dads are going to but it starts at 8pm and our kids are usually desperate to go to bed at about 6pm!!! Will have a glass of wine before a dry January (in terms of drink but also weather hopefully!)

andabby

Über Member
Up at 4.30 this morning for work, may have a wee snooze in evening so i last to the bells and ship horns.
Dont normally do resolutions, but carry on riding and stay around same weight while still drinking gallons of guinnesses

Lullabelle

Banana
I never make resolutions, if I want to change something then I do it regardless of the time of year.

I wish you all a Happy New Year and good health to you and yours :cheers:

Mrs M

Guru
Will be quiet for us. I always find just before midnight at New Year quite sad, very quiet and always think about folks no longer with us.
Have nice fillet steaks for Tornado steak, but still defrosting so don't know when we'll eat them!
Will watch some rubbish TV, have some real fizz, probably watch some fireworks courtesy of the neighbours then go to bed.
Wishing all a happy, healthy New Year.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Will be quiet for us. I always find just before midnight at New Year quite sad, very quiet and always think about folks no longer with us.
Have nice fillet steaks for Tornado steak, but still defrosting so don't know when we'll eat them!
Will watch some rubbish TV, have some real fizz, probably watch some fireworks courtesy of the neighbours then go to bed.
Wishing all a happy, healthy New Year.
Me too - must be a woman thing I reckon......

Levo-Lon

Guru
Everyone here tomorrow as xmas day wasn't available..
having a big buffet lunch and a few bevies I guess..and I'll be noisy for the hungover peeps..
northern soul hr at 12 on radio 2 so I must catch that..

Then its regime time..stone off in 8 weeks ready for march..

Billy Wizz

Über Member
Me and the wife have just been into Chester for a nice lunch i had a pint of Warsteiner with mine as she was driving,a quiet afternoon then i believe everyone is coming back to ours tonight to celebrate.
No resolutions i stopped kidding myself years ago, :stop:
Happy New Year everyone, :cheers:

Top Bottom