Restored faith in humanity!

threefingerjoe

Über Member
Had an interesting experience! Stopped at a stopsign at the same time as a motorcycle on the crossroad. I was going to let him go first, but he waved me on, and shouted, "Clean power first!" There really ARE some nice people out there!

Joe
 

Dayvo

Just passin' through
Location
oSLo
Hello threefingerjoe!

Yep, it only takes a small gesture from someone to entirely change your mood. Most often it's goes the other (wrong) way, but it certainly does feel good when you get that 'inner-smile' feeling.
Now pass that feeling onto someone else. ;)
 

Maz

Legendary Member
Nice to hear that, Joe. A small gesture really does go a long way.
And welcome to the forum. We don't get many Americans on here.
 

Arch

Married to Night Train
Location
Salford, UK
Maz said:
Nice to hear that, Joe. A small gesture really does go a long way.
And welcome to the forum. We don't get many Americans on here.
I think you're supposed to say "we don't get many Americans round these parts..." in a sort of cowboy drawl....

Nice story Joe!
 

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Motorcyclists are, on the whole very positive they are the most likely to slow down along side me when I'm on the KMX to have a good look and ask questions.

I've had a heartwarming moment doin 20mph in a bus lane with 5 motorcycle 'outriders' who took turns to pull along side and ask me questions and give the trike the thumbs up. I had a permanent grin all day!

T x
 

domtyler

Über Member
The motorcyclists I see on my commute are on the whole, cowardly, rude and selfish bastards. Generally young and inexperienced and on far too powerful bikes than they can handle. This would account for the number of serious accidents I see, all involving m/bikes.

TFJ, it sounds as if he was after a piece of your ass!! :blush:
 

Tynan

Veteran
Location
e4
well done dom

had a real good ride today vis a vis drivers being considerate and nice

counter balanced by an old bat in a 2cv howling abuse at me for daring to be in primary and in her way in the lane she wanted to move into
 

Maz

Legendary Member
Arch said:
I think you're supposed to say "we don't get many Americans round these parts..." in a sort of cowboy drawl....
...whilst tipping my 10-gallon hat!
 

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Dom,
How was everything with Mummy Bear yesterday?
My Daughters Mum has just started making unhappy noises about me taking Elf on the tandem in traffic, although we've been using it for nearly 2 years.............

Best Wishes,

Tdr1nka x
 
Tynan said:
well done dom

had a real good ride today vis a vis drivers being considerate and nice

counter balanced by an old bat in a 2cv howling abuse at me for daring to be in primary and in her way in the lane she wanted to move into
Now that's unusual. When I drove 2CVs, most of my fellow owners were laid back hippie types. Maybe that's changed now they've become classic cars.:blush:
 

domtyler

Über Member
tdr1nka said:
Dom,
How was everything with Mummy Bear yesterday?
My Daughters Mum has just started making unhappy noises about me taking Elf on the tandem in traffic, although we've been using it for nearly 2 years.............

Best Wishes,

Tdr1nka x
She was curiously unconcerned is all I can say. She was very busy in the afternoon as she held a party for Matildas first birthday which was on Wednesday so had to make sure that house was just right for all the other mums! :blush:

We have agreed that in future if there is ice on the road the bike stays inside, but certainly no talk of banning it altogether which I was kind of expecting.
 

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
Most motor bikers are fine, except the chav scooter riders - just like the chav car drivers.

What makes me laugh though, is the sight of their skinny legs sticking out - if anything those boys need to get on pedal bikes, not scooters !
 
Top Bottom