Result!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Having had a scary moment with A very large truck to many a few months ago, I reported this one to the local police!

Lincolnshire police Collision unit have informed me that they are offering the driver a choice of: Driver awarense & improvement course (at his own expense) or they will prosecute him. Probably for driving without due care and attention. Hope he takes the course personally, which is the course of action I stated I would like to see when I made my complaint.
Incicdently, since going back to shift work, I have had very few incidents on the bike. Due to a lack of vehicles on the road when I'm riding!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Result !
I also find shift work means i miss most of the numpties :smile:

400bhp

Guru
Can't see the vid at the moment but a good result nevertheless.

Did your background help with this?

cloggsy

Boardmanist
Result, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Linc's Police; they are the traffic nazi's when it comes to driving offences. Speak to any motorcyclists that ride in or around Lincolnshire!!!

cloggsy

Boardmanist
FTFY.

Much more traffic police presence and enforcement would cure many of the problems that ail us all on the roads.

I don't have an issue with them really; what I'm saying is they'd pull Motorcyclists for any reason whatsoever. I avoided the place like the plague when on my motorcycle :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

Result, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Linc's Police; they are the traffic nazi's when it comes to driving offences. Speak to any motorcyclists that ride in or around Lincolnshire!!!
Never had any trouble with them even though I rode around with pig in a policemans hat (helmet buddy) on my helmet. Having said that when you see the RTC stats for Lincolnshire you know why they are a bit hot on traffic related incidents here!

Oh the official term is "DROIDS" as in Traffic Droids :laugh:

machew

Veteran
Godwin's Law comes into effect much quicker these days

Reactions: gaz

Not entirely without reason. I used to ride up to Lincolnshire from London for track days in the balmy 80s. The figures for collisions and deaths involving motorcycles were very high for a sparsely-populated county.

This may have had something to do with the excellent roads and the presence of Cadwell Park, an early provider of track days.

As the former holder of many, many points I have absolutely no issue with the police behaving as Traffic Nazis. Every single point and fine I ever had was thoroughly earned, along with many others that I managed to evade.

I'd rather cycle in a county with tough traffic police.

Hawk

Veteran
Never had any trouble with them even though I rode around with pig in a policemans hat (helmet buddy) on my helmet. Having said that when you see the RTC stats for Lincolnshire you know why they are a bit hot on traffic related incidents here!

Oh the official term is "DROIDS" as in Traffic Droids :laugh:

What exactly is a droid, I just thought it was one particular youtubers title for himself..?

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

What exactly is a droid, I just thought it was one particular youtubers title for himself..?
"A person regarded as lifeless or mechanical" Traffic can be very black and white, it's either an offence or it isn't? Therefore a robot or Droid could do the job. (In truth they use as much discretion as the rest of us but it's much more fun to have derogatory names for them (and a lot of them at my nick are cyclists)) CID refer to beat bobbies as "Woodentops" for much the same reason!

Short for Android - a robot - and now also used to mean a person lacking in personality or individuality or whose behaviour is mindless or mechanical.

Top Bottom