Result!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Yesterday I mentioned that a car had hit our truck whilst it was parked outside the house. It has caused quite bad damage to the bull bar which will need replacing, so it must have been hit with some force!
We called in the Police who were very helpful.

We had an idea who may have hit the truck, so today hubby watched from our bedroom window to see if our suspicions were correct. There is a chap who works across the road in the pub, and who parks in front of our truck every day. Today he turned up for work as usual, but drove by the parking space and as he did so hubby noticed damage to his vehicle!
He then parked in the Co-op car park, right at the bottom, with his car facing away from the main road.
Hubby took a walk down and low and behold....the damage matches and so does his paintwork, half of which he left all over the road! We collected some of the paint and handed it over to the Police yesterday.

We have rang them and given them this info. The Police officers who dealt with this yesterday are off duty until Saturday now but someone else will be dealing with it asap.
I hope they charge him with everything they can! He knew it was our vehicle, he knew where we lived, yet he left the scene without letting us know or reporting it. He is obviously trying to cover up by parking elsewhere!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Good luck with that! When someone ran into the back of my 4x4 while on the school run then drove off at speed I reported it straight away with a vehicle description and correct number plate. After more than a week they informed me the vehicle details checked out and the car was insured but as there was no damage to my Jeep (The towbar took the full hit) they weren't going to pursue the incident!!!!

Diabolical. Some tool ran into the back of my car with my two kids in the back, really badly caved in the grill and bonnet (I mean a real mess) then exits the scene at speed without checking to see if anyone was hurt or if they had done any damage. The police weren't interested?

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Good luck with that! When someone ran into the back of my 4x4 while on the school run then drove off at speed I reported it straight away with a vehicle description and correct number plate. After more than a week they informed me the vehicle details checked out and the car was insured but as there was no damage to my Jeep (The towbar took the full hit) they weren't going to pursue the incident!!!!

Diabolical. Some tool ran into the back of my car with my two kids in the back, really badly caved in the grill and bonnet (I mean a real mess) then exits the scene at speed without checking to see if anyone was hurt or if they had done any damage. The police weren't interested?
There is very visible damage to our vehicle and the Police here seemed to take the incident seriously.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Good. Let's hope they throw the book at him. What always amazes me about such incidents is, did he really think he was going to get away with it? I guess the answers yes. And I guess from other postings, the answer's also that as often as not he would. All you need is police who can't be bothered, and there's plenty of them around. Sounds like you've got some of the good ones. Hope it works out for you.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
take some photos of the damage to the other car!
Hubby has been out and done that and a video.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Well done on the detective work.

But Bull Bars!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullbar
I know...but if it goes off road saves damage to the body work.
It's this..
_1_zps75dc5b8d.jpg

Last edited:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Yesterday I mentioned that a car had hit our truck whilst it was parked outside the house. It has caused quite bad damage to the bull bar which will need replacing, so it must have been hit with some force!
We called in the Police who were very helpful.

We had an idea who may have hit the truck, so today hubby watched from our bedroom window to see if our suspicions were correct. There is a chap who works across the road in the pub, and who parks in front of our truck every day. Today he turned up for work as usual, but drove by the parking space and as he did so hubby noticed damage to his vehicle!
He then parked in the Co-op car park, right at the bottom, with his car facing away from the main road.
Hubby took a walk down and low and behold....the damage matches and so does his paintwork, half of which he left all over the road! We collected some of the paint and handed it over to the Police yesterday.

We have rang them and given them this info. The Police officers who dealt with this yesterday are off duty until Saturday now but someone else will be dealing with it asap.
I hope they charge him with everything they can! He knew it was our vehicle, he knew where we lived, yet he left the scene without letting us know or reporting it. He is obviously trying to cover up by parking elsewhere!
What an peanut!
Superglue his vehicle locks.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
BINGO!!!
Just had an elderly neighbour call in at the door, asking if the person who hit our car yesterday had told us about it.
I said no....he said he witnessed it and gave us his details to pass on to the Police.
He said the guy came round the corner very fast, tried to pull in front of our vehicle, hit it, then drove off at speed and parked elsewhere.
He met the chap coming back from where he had parked his car and shouted across to him, 'I hope you're going to report that'.
Obviously he didn't.

Top Bottom