Resurrected Old Posts

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Trivial one & not really a problem but just wondered if somebody had unintentionally changed something, but there seems to be a plethora of old posts (10 years +) being resurrected. It might be that people are just not looking at the dates, but wondered if they were coming up in the side bars or suggested threads when they shouldn't be.

Like I said it isn't really an issue, but if somebody is bored & has a few minutes to spare.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
At the bottom of the screen, on my phone, there's a list of Similar Threads. Maybe that's where people see summat that interests them?
(I'm not sure if it shows the same on a pc/laptop as I don't usually use CC on one)

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Trivial one & not really a problem but just wondered if somebody had unintentionally changed something, but there seems to be a plethora of old posts (10 years +) being resurrected. It might be that people are just not looking at the dates, but wondered if they were coming up in the side bars or suggested threads when they shouldn't be.

Like I said it isn't really an issue, but if somebody is bored & has a few minutes to spare.

Probably one of those "God moves in mysterious ways" things carried out by a small group of resurrectionist subversives.

Sharky

Guru

I'll set my diary reminder to give you a reply in 2032.

D

Deleted member 1258

At the bottom of the screen, on my phone, there's a list of Similar Threads. Maybe that's where people see summat that interests them?
(I'm not sure if it shows the same on a pc/laptop as I don't usually use CC on one)

Same on the desktop.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I thought they had always been there? Wondered if the sort order had been changed as the first one now appears to be the oldest, not sure if that was always the case as I've never noticed.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm surprised at how long posts are kept, I would have thought they'd have been deleted after a set time.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm surprised at how long posts are kept, I would have thought they'd have been deleted after a set time.

They are valuable digital assets! :okay:

I quite often do a Google search for information and spot old posts on CycleChat. Many people must find their way to the forum that way. (Worryingly, I have sometimes found long old posts written by me that I no longer remembered!)

If I ran a big site I would only delete what I had to.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I thought they had always been there? Wondered if the sort order had been changed as the first one now appears to be the oldest, not sure if that was always the case as I've never noticed.
The feature has been added after the last software update, a few months ago.
Deleting old posts? No way!
They are CC's history, aren't they? :welcome:

Top Bottom