Retarded development

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So I snook off early today to get a few miles in, no sooner had I pulled onto the main road than a Corsa with three chavettes, (female chavs), in pulled past, the fat one with a face only a mother could love in the passenger seat was trying to make a witty comment about the trike. Unfortunately for her, her brain is not connected to her mouth so all she can say is "wheel" and make a rocking gesture with her hands, we both pulled up at the lights, she tried again, "wh wh wheeeeeeel" (rocking gesture again). I said "you're a bit of a (word that Magnatom is highly offended by so removed before he calls me f***ing tw*t, which apparently is ok) aren't you dear?", lights changed and I rode off, the Corsa didn't move, I think they were pooling their three brain cells to come up with an appropriate response, didn't see them again.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
LOL, top retort Sir...

I must admit I really don't like comments like that. Retard isn't a nice word. Sorry Catrike, but comments like that aren't something to boast about in my opinion.

OP
OP
Riding in Circles
magnatom said:
I must admit I really don't like comments like that. Retard isn't a nice word. Sorry Catrike, but comments like that aren't something to boast about in my opinion.

Next time I will let go of a stream of expletives like you do old bean, maybe not. :biggrin:

Catrike UK said:
Next time I will let go of a stream of expletives like you do old bean, maybe not. :biggrin:

Actually, the worst I will ever call anyone is an ar$h0le. My expletives are usually just the normal shocked ones.

The thing is, for all you know she may have had learning difficulties. Best not to use terms like that in my opinion.

OP
OP
Riding in Circles
magnatom said:
Actually, the worst I will ever call anyone is an ar$h0le. My expletives are usually just the normal shocked ones.

The thing is, for all you know she may have had learning difficulties. Best not to use terms like that in my opinion.

I'm not going to get into this with you, they did not have learning difficulties, other than being a chav. On one of your video's you call someone a tw*t, there is a lot of the f word in there to as well as blasphemy, so while calling someone a retard is not brilliant, getting pulled up by someone with your propensity for obscenity is a bit rich don't you think. I have never criticized your language before but in retrospect maybe you should learn to tone it down, it's not big and it's not clever.

Catrike UK said:
I'm not going to get into this with you, they did not have learning difficulties, other than being a chav. On one of your video's you call someone a tw*t, there is a lot of the f word in there to as well as blasphemy, so while calling someone a retard is not brilliant, getting pulled up by someone with your propensity for obscenity is a bit rich don't you think. I have never criticized your language before but in retrospect maybe you should learn to tone it down, it's not big and it's not clever.

So your not getting into this with me then:rolleyes:

As for tw*t I personally think this is a fairly minor expletive. More importantly it, and the other expletives I use are not based on insulting a disadvantaged group of people.

Part of the reason why I particularly find the word ret@rd bad is that I work with people with mental illness as part of my job whom I know take offense with this particular type of word.

On a number of occasions I have been called a ret@rd myself on youtube. Anyone who uses comments like that gets a very strong rebuttal and usually blocked from posting any further comments on my videos.

I feel very strongly about comments like that towards me, or anyone whom I know, and I would never use comments like this against anyone else. I could also be accused of double standards if I did not make it known, what my views on comments like this, are on cyclechat.

Of course, this is my opinion. It is your choice if you agree with it or disagree with it. Out of interest, would you call someone a sp@stic?

spindrift

Your all gay.

spindrift

My first job in London was working at the LSE. A very, VERY right-on environment, one of the people who interviewed me was the Women's Officer ( a good mate slept with her just before she turned lesbotic, what a blow to the ego!).

Anyway, in the bar a student said:

"Why doesn't pakistan have a very good football team? Cos every time they get a corner they open a newsagents".

The repercussions were frightful.

"You're perpetuating a racist stereotype in a sickening display of overt racist sentiment etc etc etc"

"No"

complained the student:

"I just meant lots of pakistanis have newsagents!"

The debate droned on with no real resolution, the student accepted a reprimand, then an American student started chucking a copy of Playboy round the bar and the whole place went ballistic crazy ape bonkers.

There is no point to this post.

Origamist

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
As for tw*t I personally think this is a fairly minor expletive. More importantly it, and the other expletives I use are not based on insulting a disadvantaged group of people.

"Twat" is a slightly politer way of calling someone a c***, or, at best, an idiot. I think you should consider "Twit" in future. :blush:

OP
OP
Riding in Circles
Well I am sneaking away again today so I wonder what political incorrect debacle I can start today? I will go past a couple of mosques, one synagogue and a catholic church so I'm sure I can think of something.

magnatom said:
So your not getting into this with me then:rolleyes:

Part of the reason why I particularly find the word ret@rd bad is that I work with people with mental illness as part of my job whom I know take offense with this particular type of word.

On a number of occasions I have been called a ret@rd myself on youtube. Anyone who uses comments like that gets a very strong rebuttal and usually blocked from posting any further comments on my videos.

I feel very strongly about comments like that towards me, or anyone whom I know, and I would never use comments like this against anyone else. I could also be accused of double standards if I did not make it known, what my views on comments like this, are on cyclechat.

Of course, this is my opinion. It is your choice if you agree with it or disagree with it. Out of interest, would you call someone a sp@stic?
I think you're being over the top - Catrike was just giving as good as he got (or as good as they'd have liked him to have got).

I know people that would cave your head in for you if you called them a twat, and I also know people with disabled kids that would pay no attention whatsoever to Catrike's 'retard' comment - they'd be sensible enough to consider the circumstances.

Top Bottom