Retro fitting rack and low gearing to brompton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Eazy wheels replace the existing 3 brompton cones (wheels) afaik
I don't understand. Are you referring to the wheels mounted on the rack? Because I'm not getting a rack. Thats why I'm wondering how easy it is to roll a folded Brompton.

Kies

All bromptons can be rolled along,even without a rack. They have these plastic (cone shaped) wheels as standard (3). The eazy wheels are slightly bigger with a rubber "tyre" so easier to roll the bike along. A bromptonite should be along shortly to explain it more clearly :-)

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
2719727 said:
Two wheels on stalks on the swingarn
All bromptons can be rolled along,even without a rack. They have these plastic (cone shaped) wheels as standard (3). The eazy wheels are slightly bigger with a rubber "tyre" so easier to roll the bike along. A bromptonite should be along shortly to explain it more clearly :-)
Ah! I didn't know about that!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
What is the typical distance you folks cycle on your bromptons?
My daily commute would be 5 miles to the station and 10-15 miles around central London. Then 5 home from the station in the evening. Sometimes I think about 2 bikes, leaving one at Paddington,but a folder appeals to my sense of being self sufficient
I've done an 85 mile weekend before

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Unfolding just the front handlebars gives you a 'Brommie on a stick' which is easier to drag along.

Gripping the bars also gives you some left/right leverage which means the bike is less likely to topple.

However you do it, the little rolling wheels are only any good for short distances on firm, level ground.

Not a problem, because a Brommie is so easy to unfold it's no hardship to do that and ride it.

Top Bottom