Returned to the Office

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Our guidance has always been wear a mask, 2m distance if possible, WFH if you can, meetings to take place remotely. Nothing changing here.

Alex321

Veteran
Although our office is in Wales, we have been asked to try and come in two days a week - since the start of October. But no real pressure on anybody to do so.

We do have good separation in the office, with half of the desks marked as out of use, so well over 2 metres separation between seats. And plenty of cleaning/sanitizing materials available.

I've generally been going in Wednesdays and Fridays, and I think I will continue to do so for the moment.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I’ve worked in the office from the outset, never from home. Although today we had a report of one office worker testing positive so everyone, except me, was sent home and the building fumigated (fogged, they call it).

Slick

Guru
I’ve worked in the office from the outset, never from home. Although today we had a report of one office worker testing positive so everyone, except me, was sent home and the building fumigated (fogged, they call it).
We have been picking up cases almost weekly but with all the additional measures we have in place, we have managed to keep a lid on it and as far as we can tell, nobody has caught it at work. We also fog any rooms any suspected case has occupied, seems to help.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
We have been picking up cases almost weekly but with all the additional measures we have in place, we have managed to keep a lid on it and as far as we can tell, nobody has caught it at work. We also fog any rooms any suspected case has occupied, seems to help.

It’s only our third fogging in 21 months so I think our measures, nationally in Scotland and at a business level, are being effective.

Alex321

Veteran
There have been few cases in our company, and those that have occurred don't seem to have been picked up in the office.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My last teaching day until the end of January is on Monday, so I'm expecting to do that. It's likely my university will tell everyone to work from home after that unless it's essential to be in. We've already been told to only come in on face-to-face teaching days.

Slick

Guru
Its obviously the future.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My wife is now reverting to WFH 4 days, office one as the lease is up on one of the floors, so they are saving the cash. Not enough toilets to have everyone in when they do this, so more WFH.

Alex321

Veteran
more good news. i can't see this experiment being anything but a roaring success

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61570021

I can.

But even if it is successful, persuading many companies of that would be very difficult. I can't see it ever happening on a wide scale in the UK.

And you would have to let the experiment run for a few years to be able to properly judge whether it really was a success - people may well be 25% more productive per hour at first, but that may well wane over time.

Top Bottom