returning to a road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dave72

Regular
hi i live in the south of england .in the early 90's i did 10,25,30 mile time trails with a local club but as worked later in the summer i didn't have the time to do it any more but i have always had a mountain bike.so now it's time to return to a road bike.i have been collecting bit a pieces over the last 3-4 months mostly all campag veloce .the frame is a 1992 alloy flanders it was abit tatty so i have resprayed the frame a slightly different blue and had the vinyls reproduced by a local sign writer.
this how it looked
33vogna.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
cant see pics but welcome back and sounds nice bike

OP
OP
dave72

dave72

Regular
pnh lol i wish i had space for a bike stand i suppose i could sell the kids and use there room. it will be soon be built up once i get the new vinyls on it and laqued .
cheers dave

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Welcome back. See you went solid colour rather than fade on the rear triangle. Love the star on the seat tube. I can think of a few South England rides that would adopt this readily.

OP
OP
dave72

dave72

Regular
kinetic i posted in show your alloy thread in picture gallery i have credited you there for it. it's the least i could do
pedal pusher it would of been cheaper to by a complete bike but then again i can say that i built the bike myself and it how i want it . anyway the cost is about £400-£450 but i have campagnolo group set, carbon forks and seatpost
cheers dave

Top Bottom