Revell arrival

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Picked this up last night. Revell of London my gut feeling early 80's . Tubing is Ishiwata 0245 which is a new one on me.
Mechanisms are campag, crankset is Mondial by the look of it ? Hubs look to be campag laced on to nice Mavic 27" rims .
WP_20150602_003.jpg
WP_20150602_002.jpg
WP_20150602_001.jpg

Last edited:
Nice ....is it me or does the frame look huge.......

PapaZita

Guru
Very nice. Do you know what the model is? The frame (colour, lugs, etc.) looks exactly like the Revell Ritmo that I owned from the mid-80s, although I see a few differences in the other parts. The Ishiwata 0245 tubing was pretty good for high tensile. I had 531 forks, although your label suggests that your forks are 0245 too. MIne was supplied by M. Steel Cycles of Newcastle. Apparently some Revell frames were built by Dave Yates at Steels, and some by Mercian, although that may only have been the higher end or custom frames.

I had Maillard hubs, Rigida rims, Suntour gears with ratchety "Power Shifters", SR chainset and Weinmann 730 brakes. I wonder whether yours was a different model, has been upgraded, or whether the spec changed over time.

Sadly mine died when the chainstays rusted through from the inside. Had I known better at the time I would have given it a splash of oil, or put a drain hole in the BB, or something.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
just had some time with the Revell tonight replacing the cracked tyres thought i had a matching pair but alas not so just had to order another Panaracer .
Also realised the Rims are not Mavic but Rigida and the mark on the Hubs that i thought was the Campag logo was dirt and dust and upon initial inspection no marking visible although the skewers are Ofmega ones i think just need to get the wire wool on them to be able to read them .
I am unsure what model Revel it is @PapaZita , it has unbranded calipers and the lovely engraved 600 shifters .

Forgot to measure seat post @Tony Raynor but i did notis fork stearer has Ishiwata stamped on it , whilst i cleaned and repacked the headset with some clean fresh grease at least it gave me the excuse for a sedate 1.5 test ride ^_^

Thread resurrection: this bike is STILL the only other I've heard of with Ishiwata 0245 tubes. As it's also a Revell, it's probably of an age with my mixte.
Which I'm out on tomorrow!

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It's funny you should mention Ishiwata 0245 tubes as i was looking at a bike the other day and it had the same tubing , i just can't remember which bike it was ??? ^_^

midlife

Guru
Some of their tube sets were really light, came across a couple of TT frames made with ishiwata thin tubes. Trying to think if Pongo used it?

Top Bottom