revenge…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
as you may recall, a few weeks ago i got peeved at being overtaken by another cyclist while (obviously?) suffering from post-cold wheeziness (bugger breezed past as without a word). anyway caught him this morning (chased him down from 200ish yards away) and nonchalently went past with a cheery "morning" (up a tricky rise).

nice start to a wednesday anyway.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL, good one!

PrettyboyTim

alecstilleyedye said:
as you may recall, a few weeks ago i got peeved at being overtaken by another cyclist while (obviously?) suffering from post-cold wheeziness (bugger breezed past as without a word). anyway caught him this morning (chased him down from 200ish yards away) and nonchalently went past with a cheery "morning" (up a tricky rise).

Amusing, but I never quite understood why you were peeved in the first place, to be honest.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
PrettyboyTim said:
Amusing, but I never quite understood why you were peeved in the first place, to be honest.

there's always a bit of an unspoken race when we encounter each other. i was annoyed that he went past without comment, seeing as i was going considerably slower than he's seen me go before.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Got the fright of my life yesterday morning at around 6.30am on the path near Craigleith. Half-asleep and trying hard to avoid the twigs and branches on the path when a voice suddenly yells "Right !" from behind me. I almost jumped out of my bib longs. (I was almost convinced I'd heard someone shout my name, before I realised it was "Right", not "Grant").

Not often I ever encounter anyone at that time in the morning, and if I do I'm usually the one overtaking them with a wee tinkle of my bell.

Whoever you were, thanks for waking me up a bit, letting me know where you were overtaking and thanks for saying "Morning !" as you sailed past. Not met many cyclists lately that have been polite, so you made my day. I realised I was dawdling a bit after that and put a bit more effort in, which made me shave 2 minutes of my usual commute time :becool:

cannondale boy

Über Member
You weren't drinking red bull were you? :becool:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
cannondale boy said:
You weren't drinking red bull were you? :biggrin:

Bleurghhh... not a chance.

If you come up behind me, you'll know it's me as I've got a Creative Reflectives Hi-Viz & Reflective Rucksack cover, with a blue arrow symbol on it pointing down and to the right. Never seen anyone else around here with one, so if you spot someone on the shared paths between the Gyle and Leith with one, it's 99.99% likely to be me !

Do say "Hello Goo !" is you spot me :smile:

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
goo_mason said:
Bleurghhh... not a chance.

If you come up behind me, you'll know it's me as I've got a Creative Reflectives Hi-Viz & Reflective Rucksack cover, with a blue arrow symbol on it pointing down and to the right. Never seen anyone else around here with one, so if you spot someone on the shared paths between the Gyle and Leith with one, it's 99.99% likely to be me !

Do say "Hello Goo !" is you spot me :smile:

when i'm in edinburgh next (often go from barnton out leith way), i'll know what to look out for :biggrin:

Top Bottom