Reverse Steering Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xlflyer

Hi all.
Looking for any information on where i could get a reverse steering bike.
Nothing here in Ireland.
Any help appreciated
Thanks

irw

Quadricyclist
Reverse steering bike? Is that a bike which goes left when you steer right and vice versa, or as in rear-wheel steering?

endoman

Saw one of these many years ago at an Airshow being ridden by an RAF pilot with ease. I think they said they used it for training. Looked fun, but impossible

OP
OP
X

xlflyer

Hi all
Just to add to my post.
There is a couple of events coming u in September, which i had planned to go to.
Thought i would have a bike by then.
If not, i will have to wait.
Hilldodger informed me that they would be making a batch of them in the winter ar Cyclemagic.
Missed one of them on ebay a few days ago. Made by Cyclemagic last year.
Beautiful red bike, very well made.
Have all ready emailed them, to put my name on the list

BenM

Veteran
I remember seeing a reverse steering + reverse pedalling bike at a fire station open day thing in Salisbury 30 years ago or more... the reverse steering had a horizontal gear box (as opposed to the vertical one in the video) which allowed each handlebar to move independently - at least I remember them pivoting as well as steering. I think reverse pedaling was achieved by swapping the drive side over to the left and retaining a standard freewheel.

The chap had loads of 'kinked' bikes - extreme choppers, oval wheels, kangaroo pedals (non opposed pedals so your feet went round together) and of course the reverse pedal/reverse steering machine. He offered a prize for anyone who could ride the reverse machine over 30 yards or so and charged a nominal fee for riding the others.

I think he may have been at a school fete in the village as well, however that may be wishful thinking!

B.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I can do reverse pedalling bikes. I came across this one at Spezi this year and jumped straight on and rode off.
th_mov01663.jpg

Not tried a reverse steering bike yet but can manage a reverse steering car.

Top Bottom