Revisiting Calling IR (Below)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey guys

Many of you were very helpful with my previous thread (CALLING IR), thanks for that. I said at the time that I wanted to increase the speed. Well after changing to a sprocket crank team of 42/13 I decided, after some of your advice, to get clipped on. I could not justify to the wife the expense of shoes and pedals so got some straps/clips instead and boy OH BOY. My speeds have gone from 20-22 mph to 26 with the new sprocket to 27.8 with my clips. I didn't realise there was so much to be gained from using the full rotation. On my other thread my desire was to be faster than a geared racing bike. I am 5 mph up on my previous average speed and looking forward to finding some racing bikes to annihilate. MWAHHH HAAW HAAW:giggle:. ( Said in a devilishly naughty manner.) However, for now I am contempt with the glow from the days events, made all the more enjoyable when I passed 3 young ladies (16-18 year olds) on their bikes. On hearing my calls on approach, they kindly moved over to the side of the cycle path. I went pass them at 28.2 mph to which one commented to another just how fast I was moving. YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH, finally feel like I could take on the world :boxing: . Just need to get the legs fitter and who knows what I could achieve.

Enjoy your rides

Mr happy

Top Bottom