Revolution Country Traveller

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
Has anyone done a Tour on a fully loaded Revolution Country Traveller? If so did it cope? My son has one and we are planning a Tour in the summer....i just have a feeling its too light weight compared to my Dawes Galaxy..

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've only used the Explorer. The Traveller will cope fine.

Fubar

Guru
Has anyone done a Tour on a fully loaded Revolution Country Traveller? If so did it cope? My son has one and we are planning a Tour in the summer....i just have a feeling its too light weight compared to my Dawes Galaxy..

I use an RCT for commuting/touring, it survived last years' CC Ecosse Tour to Islay and I wouldn't call it lightweight...

I have a RCT. I've only done a couple of short tours well-laden rear panniers. I'd have every confidence in it being fit for longer and more heavily laden ones ..... it'll cope fine.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I don't have an RCT, but I toured for years on a Dawes Vantage which was a very similar Alu framed tourer, and I know others with the old Alu Dawes Horizon which is also fine. I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

Here's my old vantage: -
IMG_0161.JPG

That was a 12 day tour, and I wasn't travelling light :smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I don't have an RCT, but I toured for years on a Dawes Vantage which was a very similar Alu framed tourer, and I know others with the old Alu Dawes Horizon which is also fine. I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

Here's my old vantage: -
IMG_0161.JPG

That was a 12 day tour, and I wasn't travelling light :smile:
at one point in time the RCT was a Vantage. Identical frames. And the RCE was a Vantage with a disk mount welded on!

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
I've had one for nearly six years now. 20 000 kms and several long-distance tours later, I'm happy to say it's still going strong. My only regret was that I didn't invest that little bit of extra money for disk brakes - it's the only real difference between the Traveller and the Explorer. It has had several modifications though: starting with the saddle (which in 2010 was totally rubbish) then the tyres and brakes. All are better on the new models I believe.

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Veteran
I use an RCT for commuting/touring, it survived last years' CC Ecosse Tour to Islay and I wouldn't call it lightweight...
Thanks that's good to know....he did a weeks tour on it with me a couple of years ago and it was fine but really heavily loaded....when I've been on it feels a much lighter ride and of course it is lighter than my Galaxy....i think some Marathon plus tyres would help...do you have them or the Continental ones that came with your RCT. ?

Fubar

Guru
Thanks that's good to know....he did a weeks tour on it with me a couple of years ago and it was fine but really heavily loaded....when I've been on it feels a much lighter ride and of course it is lighter than my Galaxy....i think some Marathon plus tyres would help...do you have them or the Continental ones that came with your RCT. ?

I have Marathon Pluses on now, the chinese ones that came with it exploded while @Telemark and I were sitting on a train to Glasgow!

Hardrock93

Guru
I've had one for nearly six years now. 20 000 kms and several long-distance tours later, I'm happy to say it's still going strong. My only regret was that I didn't invest that little bit of extra money for disk brakes - it's the only real difference between the Traveller and the Explorer. It has had several modifications though: starting with the saddle (which in 2010 was totally rubbish) then the tyres and brakes. All are better on the new models I believe.
Another difference, which might be important to some, is that the Traveller has an alloy frame while the Explorer is steel.

Top Bottom