Revolution Country Traveller

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I have Marathon Pluses on now, the chinese ones that came with it exploded while @Telemark and I were sitting on a train to Glasgow!

Same happened to my front, although I was riding it at the time. If I'd known what rubbish tyres it came with, I'd have got EBC to swap them out when I bought the bike. That aside, I'm very pleased with mine, though for longer, heavily-loaded touring I'd have been happier with 36-spoke wheels.

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
I've crossed Italy on this bike, cycled through Sweden and Norway to get to the Arctic circle on it, climbed the Alps and used it as my steed to do my 30 km commute and it's never let me down. As I said, I only regret the brakes: coming down Gallibier fully loaded was a bit hairy at times! And, yes, you'll need decent tyres.

Fubar

Guru
Same happened to my front, although I was riding it at the time. If I'd known what rubbish tyres it came with, I'd have got EBC to swap them out when I bought the bike. That aside, I'm very pleased with mine, though for longer, heavily-loaded touring I'd have been happier with 36-spoke wheels.

Oh yeah I did have an issue with spokes coming loose, but that was 1 week after getting it and wheel was swiftly replaced by EBC - agree disc brakes would be better too.

Top Bottom