Revolution

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ive always followed cycling via the tv and have never actually attended the velodrome. I have the oppertunity of purchasing a ticket for the revolution event in october and have just a few queries if anyone can help out. First off how come tickets for the same event have different times? Tickets are shown for 1730 and 1800 i wouldnt want to miss any action, secondly what riders can i expect to see? and is this a good event for a first velodrome visit? Many Thanks.

Noodley

I have been to it for the past 3 years, and it is a great introduction to track cycling. The range of riders varies from youths throu to world champions, and the top stars are usually announced a short time before the events but the time can vary from several month to weeks. The action is non-stop. The atmoshere is fantastic.

I have no idea about the ticket times tho. For some reason I cannot get into the site just now.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Been twice with the boys.. taking the whole family this year. Brilliant atomsphere an good racing. Go!
Think the ticket times refer to the times the doors open to the first event so tis 1730 for an 1800 start.
It will be brilliant. As I said we are doing the first round!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Think I will be at all 3 Manchester dates. Will not be going to the Glasgow event, won't be able to afford the trains and hotel atm (as I am trying to skrimp enough that I can afford to go to the Track World Cup, might have to work at the event like I did in 2011 to get free entry if the tickets are expensive and that will be 3 days worth of racing in Glasgow). A little annoyed that they are having the 1st 3 Revolution events here in Manchester and the finale in Glasgow tbh. If they split it 50:50 or 1 event in each of 4 velodromes, fine, but all the build up in one place, then the finale in another, bit much for me.

It's good news for Noodley though!

oldroadman

Veteran
Think I will be at all 3 Manchester dates. Will not be going to the Glasgow event, won't be able to afford the trains and hotel atm (as I am trying to skrimp enough that I can afford to go to the Track World Cup, might have to work at the event like I did in 2011 to get free entry if the tickets are expensive and that will be 3 days worth of racing in Glasgow). A little annoyed that they are having the 1st 3 Revolution events here in Manchester and the finale in Glasgow tbh. If they split it 50:50 or 1 event in each of 4 velodromes, fine, but all the build up in one place, then the finale in another, bit much for me.

It's good news for Noodley though!
London is not likely to be open properly until at least winter 2013, and Newport is hardly spectator friendly, only about 400 seats if that, so from a commercial point of view, useless.
Whetehr Revs go to London, will, I suspect, depend on the charges to hire the place.
The organisers don't do it for a hobby!

Anton

Hi,
I am after a little advice If anyone can help. I am going to the Revolution series in Manchester on Sat 5th Jan and just wondered what time the event finishes ? The reason I ask is I am contemplating going by train and my train home leaves at 11:00 just curious if I will be able to make it or not, otherwise it's the car but would prefer the train.

Thanks in advance for any info.

A

Paul_L

Über Member
Hi,
I am after a little advice If anyone can help. I am going to the Revolution series in Manchester on Sat 5th Jan and just wondered what time the event finishes ? The reason I ask is I am contemplating going by train and my train home leaves at 11:00 just curious if I will be able to make it or not, otherwise it's the car but would prefer the train.

Thanks in advance for any info.

A
Racing is scheduled to finish at 10pm, but my experience is it normally overruns slightly. I go with friends who go by train and they normally leave just before the end. I think it's a good half hour walk to Piccadilly.

Anton

Racing is scheduled to finish at 10pm, but my experience is it normally overruns slightly. I go with friends who go by train and they normally leave just before the end. I think it's a good half hour walk to Piccadilly.

Thanks Paul, train it is then.

A

oldroadman

Veteran
There is a bus route that runs along the main road into Manchester Piccadilly about 3 minutes away from the velodrome, about 10-15 minute ride, in case it's raining - it is Manchester and the reputation for wet weather is deserved!

Top Bottom