reynauds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
May I ask what side effects you had with Nifedipine ? When I 1st started with them I was getting dizzy spells but I persevered and now there are no side effects, but I only take one a day and stop in the warmer months. Fingers and toes still go white but not as bad as without the tablets.

i had dizzy spells and bad facial sweating .

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
i had dizzy spells and bad facial sweating .

Sounds like me attempting Hard Knott.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
The toes are sore and red in places even when warm, I associate it with the temperature as it does not happen in the warmer months, the fingers are only uncomfortable when white, I was also diagnosed as having industrial related white finger, but I am not sure if they confused it with Raynauds.
When I was doing a 70-80 minute winter ride about 2-3 times a week, a cold snap of a week or two would see my toes get progressively more sore & itchy, with a purple tinge developing that would persist for hours after riding before fading to an angry red.
The doc said I had a classic case of Raynaud's, but when my daughter had the same problem was chilblains. Take your pick.

I can slow the progression of the symptoms by keeping the feet warm with merino socks and neoprene overshoes. And I no longer take rubbish out barefoot in winter; sometimes I would even trundle the wheeliebins down to the roadside!

Venod

Eh up
When I was doing a 70-80 minute winter ride about 2-3 times a week, a cold snap of a week or two would see my toes get progressively more sore & itchy, with a purple tinge developing that would persist for hours after riding before fading to an angry red.
The doc said I had a classic case of Raynaud's, but when my daughter had the same problem was chilblains. Take your pick.

I can slow the progression of the symptoms by keeping the feet warm with merino socks and neoprene overshoes. And I no longer take rubbish out barefoot in winter; sometimes I would even trundle the wheeliebins down to the roadside!

I assumed it was my Raynauds, but it is similar to chilblains.

Top Bottom