Reynolds 953 holdworth strada

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fairlight PSB

Hi Has anybody got one , ridden or can recommend ? Stainless steel 953
I have An opportunity purchase a used model . Not a lot of info out there..
EA0BC727-5E41-4644-8538-A6C66BA1FE71.jpeg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I wouldn't expect to find much info out there as 953 frames are extremely rare and even most high end custom steel builds tend to favour 853, due to it being substantially cheaper. You are unlikely to find a lighter steel bike anywhere, but the modern looking frame and carbon forks don't appeal to me. As far as I'm concerned a steel bike should look like a steel bike. The Holdsworth frame silhouette could easily be mistaken for either aluminium or titanium.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think I’d object more to the hideously inappropriate wheels but I guess it will appeal to some.Hope your used model doesn’t have them @Fairlight PSB .
I think you could buy a Holdsworth 953 in complete confidence without having read a single word about them but it might be worth checking out frames with a similar geometry and compare it with something you’ve ridden to see if it suits your style.
if you want to read a review here’s one from Bike Radar:
https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/road-bikes/holdsworth-strada-review/

Last edited:
I've neither got nor ridden one, but it does look gorgeous. If you've got a good deal on a used one I suspect you wouldn't lose anything if you decided you didn't like it and decided to move it on. File under 'definitely worth a punt!' :okay:

OP
OP
Fairlight PSB

Fairlight PSB

I've neither got nor ridden one, but it does look gorgeous. If you've got a good deal on a used one I suspect you wouldn't lose anything if you decided you didn't like it and decided to move it on. File under 'definitely worth a punt!' :okay:

what’s that green bike in your photo . Love that colour ..

classic33

Leg End Member
Yorkshire resurrection
The final bike in this steel showdown is the Holdsworth Strada (£2,949). Riders of a certain age may recall when Holdsworth was one of the finest British bike manufacturers around, with steel machines being raced by prominent riders. Sadly, the original company fell by the wayside several years ago, but the brand has been resurrected by current owner Planet X in Rotherham, South Yorkshire, and offers quality steel frames in keeping with Holdsworth’s
grand heritage.

The Strada was designed by Mark Reilly [of Reilly Cycle Works, above], and is built from Reynolds 953 stainless steel. It’s TIG welded before being highly polished, apart from its matt detailing, and the enamel painted brass W.F Holdsworth head tube badge adds authenticity. An oversized head tube is a useful concession to modern cycling, but behind it every tube is slim and round, apart from the subtly ovalised chainstays, which are crimped to provide clearance for 28mm tyres.

https://www.220triathlon.com/gear/b...el-road-bikes-3-of-the-best-reviewed-for-tri/

Top Bottom