Ribble 653 Refresh !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My Ribble has been relegated to turbo duties since I broke my spine 5 years ago. Having sat there for a number of years, I was starting to get some corrosion on the top tube and down tube, so thought it high time I stripped and repainted it.

It would have been cheaper to powder coat, in terms of just paint, but decided to do it myself. Took 4 tins of primer, 2.5 tins of white pearlescent paint and a tin of lacquer. I opted for Halfords primer, and Halfords Nissan Pearlescent White.

The bike started out like this:- (although running black tyres now). As you can see it wasn't in shoddy condition, but I didn't want the surface rust to get worse.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

First job, primer.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

what colour you going with for the frame??

Pearlescent White - all one colour, with black logos. Black bar tape and saddle (both new).

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

clear coat after applying the labels??

No as they are vinyl and don't need clear coat. Plus they aren't expensive at £2 each. the originals weren't clear coated ! Five 'Ribble' stickers and the replacement 'Reynolds 653'. Some transfers that H Lloyd sells do need to be clear coated, but these are listed as so.

Good afternoon,

I have a 531 Ribble that is in dire need of TLC and I have some transfers not bought from Lloyds, the set came with these two of these transfers.

One for the head tube and one where the 531 sticker was unless I get around to getting a 531 sticker.

It turns out that the image is a generic one that they use when they don't offer the correct one, but it still looks good if you don't know what it is supposed to look like. They look better in reality as this photo was taken with them still sealed in a polythene bag.

, 568704

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom