Ribble Bike Build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrWill

You said the bike is a bargain and that you think the wheels are worth £500 alone...

Everyone can have an opinion. Just so happens yours is wrong and you pair it with unneccesary insults. Don't get upset.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've got those wheels. Am I a muppet or a mug? Or both?

They are excellent by the way, and nowhere near 2.2kg.

MrWill

Becasue they sell something at a certain price doesn't mean it is worth that price does it.

They are not better than the cheap no name stuff you get off Ebay and the like. Hell even a pair of Campy Zondas are half the price and are better in pretty much every way.

MrWill

I've got those wheels. Am I a muppet or a mug? Or both?

They are excellent by the way, and nowhere near 2.2kg.

You're not anything.

Did you buy them for the full £?

They advertise them as 2.1kg though? And have seen some on scales at the 2.157g.

Leodis

Veteran
Ribble make cracking bikes for the money compared to off the shelf jobs which you pay R&D. I bought a R872 with Camp Centaur red, Zondas (they had sold out of clinchers so put 2 way fit on at NO extra cost) with an ITM finishing kit for £1600 last year, it rides like a dream and the fact you are getting the FULL groupset not part (to pay for R&D) is far better. I do agree though some of their bikes are old fashioned in style and a few years ago their customer service was poor but I had excellent service from them and got a bike which would have been over £2k imh by a off the shelf manufacture.

Drago

Legendary Member
As I've aforementioned elsewhere, Ribble was on my shortlist last month for a new road bike. I even managed to find an owner of one in another department at work (fortunately a similar height to me) who kindly lent it to me for a morning to thrap.

I didn't go the Ribble route in the end as I felt the front end was too flexy for a lardo like me - under mega hard mid gear pedal stomping I could see the main triangle flex. Old fashioned tube manipulation and a non tapered steerer didn't help. Shame, because it was a nice fit and comfy too.

Any way, to the point. I ended up with a rival brands bike with full Tiagra for £300 less than the comparable and bendier Ribble with full Tiagra. Can't see how that makes Ribble to be good value.

Leodis

Veteran
What Ribble frame was it? What bike did you buy?

Top Bottom