Ribble CGR 58cm.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got this which I no longer use, my cycling moved up a notch so i upgraded to a carbon jobbie!
Ribble aluminium.
58cm. I'm 6'2"
Just over 2 years old. Last 6 months it hasn't been ridden at all.
Cable disc.
Shimano, mainly 105.
Mavic Aksium wheels.
Pannier fixing points.
New cables.
New bb and crank set.
Middleburn Oilers.
Full SKS longboard mudguards.
Excellent condition. Never trashed or crashed.
Presently on sale in LBS for £400, but that will include his cut.
Price could be negotiable, especially if you collect (And if Boris slams the door on my generation you'll have to do that!!!)
Based in NW England.
An earlier photo, but bike is largely the same. (Bar tape is now white, and Thudbuster is no longer in place!)

Last edited:

NickTB

Veteran
Really interested in this. Have you got a link to the full specs?

Thanks,

NickTB

Veteran
I'm in Essex, but happy to travel up for the right bike. I currently have CAADX but have this fascination for Ribble! Mainly brake info as I got burned with my CAADX and it's awful brakes. Also sizing as I'm 6.1"

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
Brakes are Shimano 105 5800 cable brake set.
Served me well on rides through local pine woods, on ex rail bed cycle trails and for general road use. I used it most days for 18 months or so and at my somewhat ponderous speed I never had any worries.
I never had any problems with them. 160mm rotors front and rear. Can't comment on pad condition, but they are consumables; I think there is plenty life left.
I have put brand new Shimano cables - inner and outer - and have used Middleburn oilers for ongoing lubrication if needed.
Must admit I've only ridden it round the block once I'd prepared it for sale, but everything woked as it should.

Forgot to mention, there are no pedals at present. If it's a deal clincher I could rustle up a pair of used M520s.

NickTB

Veteran
Ok Thanks, pedals not an issue as I have my own on the CAD. I am however off Glamping today for a week so not sure how that sits with you? Earliest I could come up would probably be Wednesday week

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
Time is no worry to me, unless Boris decides that I have to stay indoors for the forseeable future. (Did you read yesterday's Telegraph? Scary stuff!)
The bike shop isn't open on Wednesday, and as it's 15 miles from here I'd rather meet there: also it's a damned sight easier for the M6 than where I live! (Bike is roughly midway between Preston and Liverpool, but I'm on the coast, just about as far west as you can get.)

NickTB

Veteran
Any idea of postage costs to Brentwood? May be a better shout

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
I'll do some digging.
Not sure who the best people are, but there have been threads on here so I'll search.
A box shouldn't be a problem.
Give me some time.

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
I'm looking at Paisley Freight. They have a list price of £50 including all packaging.
I can get a specific price with your post code.
Want to PM me that?

Forget the post code. They want all dimensions and weights which I don't have.

The £50 is a set price so I'll settle for that.

NickTB

Veteran
Ok excellent. I’m about to set off so if I can PM you when I’ve arrived in a few hours that will be good

Top Bottom