Ribble customer service - Gran Fondo purchasing experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all

I haven't posted here before but seeing as I've used it for some reading before choosing a bike i thought I should give some feedback.

I've just bought a Ribble Gran Fondo with 105 group set and thought I'd post my customer experience.

I popped into the factory showroom to take a look at the sportive and the fondo and to look st sizes - staff were friendly and gave me a chance to sit on different sizes etc. Not a full on bike fit but good enough for me

I them saw there was a £40 discount voucher online so tried to order their 105 special only to be told "you can only order our standard bikes as the website is being updated", and I replied "hang on - I want to spend a grand with you now,today , but you won't take my money?" , "sorry mate only what's on the website" - hmmm... Perhaps this is what people were talking about....

Anyway bit the bullet and ordered online. Then emailed with a couple of queries which were answered quickly and curtiuously.

Bike came in 10'days (was told 8-10'when ordered). Only gripe with delivery is they didn't email to say it was coming so missed the first attempt at delivery. Bike was well packaged and only needed handle bar and saddle attaching

Bike seems fine,only tweak needed was to centre the front brake. Can't wait to ride it tomorrow!!!

So overall really happy with bike and spec and price and service but can see how if things go wrong perhaps service could be an issue. For me though - all good

Happy riding.

Tin Pot

Guru
I really like the look of the Gran fondo, post up some pics when you get a chance.

OP
OP
D

Devon Dozer

Regular
Photo of bike attached. For anyone interested I've also included a shot of the box it came in. I was worried about packaging and delivery but it was well wrapped.

Fitting the handle bars was only the 4 bolts at the front of the stem, stem was already attached to steerer

Fitting the saddle was just the clamp bolt holding the saddle to post and the clinch bolts hiding post into frame

Simples!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Mine's 4 years old now and apart from a few chips to the paintwork (as any bike would have) and a small amount of blistering to the lacquer it still looks like new.

Darren Gregory

Rides a Pinnacle Arkose 3 and a Trek Emonda SL6
Lovely looking bike, I do fancy a summer bike. Something nice and light to use on days when it isn't pissing with rain.

Top Bottom