Ribble Endurance SLe - colour choice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Just noticed a red Ribble Endurance SLe outside a local café. Hadn't realised there was a colour choice. Not impressed by the white and pale blue of the ones shown on the website, but this was something else. Very chunky carbon frame with 105. Temptation …...

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
E47AE60D-E3EF-4C8B-AA7F-27CBD9BD64FE.jpeg
I’m pretty sure the SLe is only available in white?
It could have been the Endurance SL (non electric)?

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

I’m pretty sure the SLe is only available in white?
That's what I thought but it was definitely the SLe - IWOC button on top tube, hub motor. Vision wheels.

tom73

Guru
It look's like you're right. Ribble do let you customise frame colour but not on this one. So how it ended up red is the question who knows it maybe an early model used for testing. Or they just contact them and ask them nicely if they can have a red one.
If you fancy one in red you can always ask them you never know. :whistle:
What ever the answer is it look's great. :becool:

Update
Just checked an email about the new Ribble HQ store the pic looks to have a red SLe on display.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
I have found out a new lovely blue colour is coming shorty but not yet to SL range as they don’t have enough frames in stock. But they are working on it.
So the one colour only maybe changing in time.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I rode one a few weeks back, did 20 odd miles on it, Great on the hills, really comfatable nice smooth ride, felt a bit strange to start with, around 15 mph the motor cuts out, but after a few miles was hardly noticable, i did struggle staying with the guys when they put the power down, it's a lot heavier than what i am used to. But it is a nice tool. As said in another thread, When my legs stop getting me up the hills, i will probably get one,

Scaleyback

Veteran
Could i ask why. I'm quite tempted by one of these. I'd be interested to hear your views on the bike.

Thanks.

Z.
Hi Zaneland,

Well, I drove 220 miles round trip to see the Ribble SLe so I was potentially a serious buyer.
As I have said elsewhere I could only ride it on Ribble's carpark, one of those concrete sectional surfaces with joins.
20 or even 10 years ago this bike might have suited me but not now. Very 'taut' and lively bike with 'race like' handling I thought
as opposed to the more 'forgiving' handling of endurance/sportive bikes. I have a carbon framed endurance road bike which even in my
limited testing of the SLe I thought my bike was a more 'comfortable' ride. I felt every imperfection in the car park surface,
that might have been the carbon frame (not all carbon frames are equal) it might have been the 28mm tyres. I confess here I have a everyday bike
that runs on Schwalbe G-One 40mm tyres and they are bloody brilliant at smoothing out poor road surfaces.
So the SLe had a hard act to follow as regards ride comfort. The SLe max size tyres are 28mm
So not the bike for me although it was a beautiful looking bike with a classy finish.

I have today purchased a Orbea Gain D30 (105 build) including full mudguards and my preferred Schwalbe G-One 40-622 tyres.
Despite what your thinking I am not a Schwalbe rep ^_^
I did not want the fastest bike possible for my money, I wanted a bike for all weather road riding, the occasional gravel path or canal towpath.
The Orbea will (I hope) do all this in relative comfort especially on the Schwalbe tyres.
Incidentally, Orbea bike was £2,500 inclusive. Ribble SLe (105 build) was £2,999.00 payable in full on ordering.

Regards

Last edited:

robgul

Legendary Member
Having see the Ribble electric machines I really wouldn't be surprised if they were just re-badged Orbea machines at a higher price . . .

Rob

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

I test rode the Ribble SLe (ultegra build) yesterday. The Ribble guy told me the white/blue was the only colour available. Beautiful bike, sadly not for me.
Did you see my photograph above? I'm pretty certain that bike is RED.

Top Bottom