Ribble order problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jnbrown

I placed an order at Ribble's web site 12 days ago.
So far no confirmation email. They don't anwser their phone or respond to any of my emails. On their web sire my order status is shown as "Order Progressing". Is anybody else having problems ordering or communicating with Ribble? I have ordered from them in the past with no problems.

OP
OP
J

jnbrown

I did find this on another forum:

I did get a response explaining what is happening. I will probably wait for them to work it out.
Here it is.
"I’m very sorry of the delay with despatch of this parcel, we have recently been hit with a series of fraudulent orders to the USA and have lost over £15000 in 2 weeks. This has meant that an extra security check has been implemented which has initially slowed all export despatches down. We expect to be back to normal with these next week though once this security check has been finally implemented into the despatch system."

yep, I waited 7 days for my order. I emailed them and I got it the next day and they did respond. I suspect it is driven by their discount they were offering the other week. I would probably not shop their again

donkey

I am also having problems with communication with Ribble.I ordered some kit but when it arrived it didnt fit,so i returned it the same day and still havnt received a refund or any confirmation of return and they dont reply by phone or e-mail.The same day i returned the first item i ordered another size of kit but still havnt recieved anything from them yet 7 days now.:wacko:

shippers

Cracking shop- used them a fair bit in the past. I know it's annoying, but I would think they'll be up and running again soon- sounds like a big loss though!

OP
OP
J

jnbrown

Got this email from Ribble today, first since ordering about 2 weeks ago:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in dealing with your order.

The recent Icelandic Volcanic ash cloud which prevented all air freight from leaving the UK created such a backlog of orders that we have only just managed to clear all our outstanding overseas orders. The ‘my account’ section of our website will be updated in the next 24 hours.

We are extremely sorry for this situation and under these circumstances we hope you will be able to forgive us and deal with us again.

My order still has not shipped though.

jnbrown said:
Got this email from Ribble today, first since ordering about 2 weeks ago:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in dealing with your order.

The recent Icelandic Volcanic ash cloud which prevented all air freight from leaving the UK created such a backlog of orders that we have only just managed to clear all our outstanding overseas orders. The ‘my account’ section of our website will be updated in the next 24 hours.

We are extremely sorry for this situation and under these circumstances we hope you will be able to forgive us and deal with us again.

My order still has not shipped though.

Hmm. Sounds like a pile of pooh to me. If they couldn't fulfill their international orders, why didn't they just fulfill their domestic orders then?

To be entirely fair to Ribble, it sounds like business as usual. I have stopped using them after my experience....

redddraggon

Blondie
I ordered some Sidis a week last Sunday, and they came by the Wednesday with the free delivery option.

I've had a problem with Ribble selling/despatching stuff, I've only found their aftersales dodgy/nearly non existent

Top Bottom