Ribble second hand value

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drunkenjoiner

Good afternoon all.
Time to upgrade my road bike and I have been offered a 2017 Ribble R872 with full Ultegra groupset. The bike genuinely only has around 200 miles on the clock and is virtually as new.
I know in this world "are you buying are you selling" etc etc, but this has been offered to me for £800 down from £895.00. This years model with the same spec is £1799.00

Thoughts on this offer please?

Kind regards
DJ

nickAKA

Über Member
Sounds pretty good to me... does it have mavic or fulcrum wheels?

Good afternoon,

About a year ago I bought a used Jamis carbon bike with Ultegra Di2 for £850 from a cycle shop with a 3 month warranty.

That was a 2013ish model so it was older than what you are being offered, but it too had done very few miles.

So to me it sounds like a fair price, but no more than that, I did a quick ebay scan and it doesn't stand out as a bargain.

Bye

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_0165.JPG
    IMG_0165.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 22

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I have been offered a 2017 Ribble R872 with full Ultegra groupset. The bike genuinely only has around 200 miles on the clock and is virtually as new...……..has been offered to me for £800 down from £895.00. This years model with the same spec is £1799.00

Someone, somewhere along the line has lost £1,000 on a bike over the course of travelling 200 miles on it. That's £5 a mile in running cost! Who said cycling is a cheap form of transport compared to other means?? :laugh:
It's only a bargain if it feels like a bargain to the buyer, IMHO. As @jay clock says, you could try a £700 offer and if they tell you to bugger off you could split the difference and go £750, which in the form of a wad of ready cash waved under their nose would probably be hard to turn down. Cash has a certain allure in deals that plastic doesn't possess.

Top Bottom