Ribble strike again, advise needed please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu Smith

Veteran
Bought the frame Item 14 in the attachment which clearly states in the description ex display including forks.
I spoke to two sale people to ask about the condition of the frame and at no time did they inform me this sale did not include the forks. I was happy with the description I was given over the phone,so paid for the frame and forks.
Then the day after I received the email which is attached..
Contacted Ribble and spoke with the sales guy who said I would have to email the manager which I did, but he as said whoever entered the description as made a error and can not include the forks..

Surely we entered into some sort of contract with Ribble when Ribble accepted payment on the advertisement..

Attachments

• FrameClearance2015.pdf
    257.9 KB · Views: 81
  • ribble.jpg
    ribble.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 87

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Cancel the order and never, ever give Ribble any more of your money.

In my experience if it's even remotely possible to fark it up, Ribble will outdo themselves and exceed all reasonably expected levels of incompetence.

Ribbles description is rubbish but to be fair to them they say frame in the 2nd column and frame and fork in the description bit, that would be enough for me to ask the question and confirm before placing the order so you cant 100% blame them.

I would take it on the chin and cancel the order or pay for the forks and push for a goodwill gesture for the hassle it has caused you.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If they say it comes with forks and have cocked up, they should take the hit and find you some forks.

Is there someone who knows the trades description act on here, because surely this is false advertising.

Crandoggler

If they say it comes with forks and have cocked up, they should take the hit and find you some forks.

Is there someone who knows the trades description act on here, because surely this is false advertising.
No, they've realised their mistake before shipping the item. Just a shoot company.

bpsmith

Veteran
E&OE usually covers everything of this nature.

As above, seeing it as Frame only in the left column would have made me assume that forks are not included, or at least call to check.

e-rider

crappy member
you could get into an ugly drawn-out stress inducing dispute about this, or just return the frame within 7 days of receipt and ask for a refund - simple! Shop elsewhere in future.

OP
OP
Stu Smith

Stu Smith

Veteran
I asked the sales manager if we could split the difference on a set of forks. As what as been said on here the second column does say frame but the description says ex display with forks.
Added if we can not come to any agreement on the forks could you please reimburse my monies..no response from Ribble to say yes or no, but they have now put the money back into my bank account..
Would feel better if he had had the decency to give me a response even if it had been feck off ...

I think you've succeeded. Full refund as legally entitled. The fact that the column headed "Description" clearly says +fork means that you bought an item which would not have been as described, had they shipped it. I would look somewhere that doesn't make such elementary mistakes.
BB

Top Bottom