Ribble Winter Audax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Asking price is £400

Hi

I have a new bike on order and simply don't have the space and need to recoup some of the money by selling my Ribble Wnter Audax framed bike. I built this bike up last spring and it's probably got about 4500 miles on it (less for the wheels that I got in the Autumn as an upgrade). The wheels are quite light, around 1.7kg for the pair and are true. Rear hub bearings have been replaced very recently at the LBS.

Sizing
Centre BB - Top of seat tube is 52cm. Centre BB - centre top tube is 48cm. Top tube is 54cm (sloping but this is the virtual measurement from centre seat tube to centre head tube). Head tube is 14cm.

*Bottom Bracket has some play and needs replacing*
I tried to take the chainset off a few weeks ago to give the BB a good clean but stripped the spline threads and the crank puller tool came out, without the crank attached to it. Basically it needs to be taken to the LBS to have them get the chainset off and the BB can then easily be replaced. Of course, it may be worth replacing the chainset, incase you need to take it off again in the future! Chain broke 2 weeks ago so I swapped it out with a decent, brand new Mavic chain. Unfortunately when the chain broke it bent the front mech cage. I have bent it back into place and it's usable but I would suggest swapping it out, along with the BB. All other aspects of the bike are fine with the usual cable rub points on the frame, so a couple of bits of paint missing there but no cracks or anything and the integrity of frame & fork are fine.

Spec
  • 10 speed Campagnolo Xenon shifters
  • Xenon Compact 34-50 chainset
  • Xenon rear mech
  • Mirage front mech (needs replacing)
  • Mirage cassette (13-26)
  • Mavic chain with power link (about 2 weeks old)
  • Veloce Bottom Bracket (needs replacing - 15 quid new)
  • Miche performance deep drop brakes (pads are recent)
  • Frame is Matt black Ribble Winter/Audax 7005 Alu, sloping TT
  • Deda Black Rain Carbon winter forks (eyelets for guards)
  • Tioga seat post with Charge Spoon saddle
  • BBB 90mm stem (currently flipped)
  • Easton Circuit wheels (rear bearings replaced by LBS 1 month ago)
  • Continental Gatorskins (folding) 25mm rear / 23mm front
Minimum required is a new BB and front mech, with the LBS to help remove chainset first - all in all I would think this will cost around 60 quid, depending on labour charge. It rides ok with the BB "as-is" but it should really be done before the Winter sets in.

I will throw in the (SKS) Blumels mudguards but the M520 pedals are coming off and going onto my new steed. I can throw in some basic platform pedals (new), if required. Bottle cages are included, seat bag is not.

Pickup from SW London only please or happy to bring it to somewhere in a reasonable distance, in London. I have been trying to figure out an asking price and am really struggling. The cost of the components, taking into account the decent Easton Wheels must have been around £750. Cost of a similarly specced bike at the moment is probably 800+, not taking into account the Easton wheels. Bearing in mind the BB and front mech, have decided to ask for £400. May be willing to negotiate a little though.

Thanks for reading,
SD

p.s. I will take a few more pics tomorrow when it's light and upload them to this post. Realise this one is a bit small! I will get some close ups of the frame and key points.

Picture002.jpg

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
More pics now uploaded - apologies for the delay...

035.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

030.jpg

026.jpg

028.jpg 027.jpg

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi Simon

I'm a whopping 5'9" with an inside leg of just 29". As mentioned, I prefer a much more upright position though, hence the new bike (which arrived Today :biggrin: ). I would suggest the bike would fit 5' 5" - 5'10" but it all depends on desired riding position and inside leg, etc. Of course there's always the option to change the stem if one were so inclined. This is one of the reasons I wont post it - need to be sure the buyer is happy with the fit!

Hope that helps,
SD

Eurygnomes

Heya,

Is the bike still for sale? whereabouts are you based for a test ride? I've just been fitted for a 52cm bike, I'm 5'8" but have stupidly long legs, so I definitely see the value of a test ride.

Thanks,
'nomes

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi 'nomes

It's still available, yes. I am 5'9" but short inside leg. It all depends on position I suppose but there plenty of steerer tube for adjusting bar height. You're welcome to take it for a test ride. Location is just up the road from Clapham Junction.

Cheers,
SD

Top Bottom