ribblecycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
These people used to be the WORST in the cycling world. I would NEVER go anywhere near them again even if they were giving stuff away! However, people tell me that they have improved recently - too late for me though; damage done!

yello

Their reputation for appalling internet service is/was legendary. To the point that I have never ordered from them so do not have a personal experience. People say it's a different matter if you walk in there and get served face-to-face but, again, I have no personal experience.

Joe

Über Member
They seem to have sorted themselves out now. Every order I've had in the past few months has been perfect and has arrived quickly!

Noodley

Ribble are probably the biggest ever turn-around in service I have ever known.. They were shocking. They are now great. Honestly, I have never known a business to change so much. I stopped dealing with them for ages, then heard they were improving so tried them out. The service had improved so I kept using them. The service kept getting better and better, and now I usually use them for anything I need. And prices are good as well.

gavintc

Guru
Noodley said:
Ribble are probably the biggest ever turn-around in service I have ever known.. They were shocking. They are now great. Honestly, I have never known a business to change so much. I stopped dealing with them for ages, then heard they were improving so tried them out. The service had improved so I kept using them. The service kept getting better and better, and now I usually use them for anything I need. And prices are good as well.

+1 You can trust them now - very good. I have had no problems for the last 2 yrs. I get most of my kit from Ribble now.

Will1985

Über Member
Ribble have improved their service no end. I've never had a problem in the 3 years of using them, but the speed of the service has improved as has communications.

On the other hand, I think wiggle are starting to go in the opposite direction - stock levels are not automatic and I've waited a couple of days before receiving a phone call telling me that the product is unavailable. Their range has also been cut recently, particularly in branded clothing and shoes.

It seems Chain Reaction is becoming the favourite around here - quick service and competitive prices.

PaulB

Legendary Member
yello said:
Their reputation for appalling internet service is/was legendary. To the point that I have never ordered from them so do not have a personal experience. People say it's a different matter if you walk in there and get served face-to-face but, again, I have no personal experience.

That's not what I found. Certainly as a novice rider, I was made to feel distinctly uncomfortable in there. I was interested in buying a bike and some gear but the staff behind the counter totally ignored me. They were only interested in talking gear-ratios, power outputs and dizzying speeds with each other and seemed to create a do-not-enter zone around them for any mortal rider. I went in with the intention of buying at least some gear and possibly a whole bike but walked out without spending a penny.

peanut

Noodley said:

+1 I would recommend Ribble now and they are always my first call if I need anything. Their prices can't be beat and orders usually arrive next day. Well done Ribble;)

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
The good thing about the walk in service is that nobody will bother you with any offers of help, etc.

Great if you want to go upstairs and try on lots of different types of shorts or other clothing without being hassled, but I can see how it would be less useful if you actually wanted advice or to buy something!

peanut

this thread just confirms the penalty of any company allowing service to get so a bad that they get a bad reputation for it. You never get rid of that reputation entirely. Many people get something stuck a certain way in their mind and nothing will ever change it.

Ribble have obviously worked very hard to reverse their previously poor service and have completly turned things around however the damage was done and their name will aways be synominous with poor service.

Top Bottom