England : London Richmond Park Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello, I was wondering if there would be a few road bike cyclists who are interest in Sunday cycling at Richmond Park... we could meet up tomorrow, or we could set it up for the next weekend and keep it going every Sunday :smile:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hello, I was wondering if there would be a few road bike cyclists who are interest in Sunday cycling at Richmond Park... we could meet up tomorrow, or we could set it up for the next weekend and keep it going every Sunday :smile:

There's a thread called Sunday London Rides- might be worth checking in on there - there's often rides to RP.

Look out for the kamikaze badger who nearly offed me at 7 pm tonight

How bad could a babger collision be(depending on speed)? The thought of slamming into a dear is more my pet worry, especially when the fog comes down as it did on Thursday evening last.
I think they wander on the tarmac more as the night wears on, and don't seem to give a damn.
Quite busy the park nowadays, especially after the Olympics!
By 'dawns early light' might provea a good go, especially if you can get in before the vehicle gates are opened.
Any details are sure to draw at least a few peeps.

How bad could a babger collision be(depending on speed)? The thought of slamming into a dear is more my pet worry, especially when the fog comes down as it did on Thursday evening last.
I think they wander on the tarmac more as the night wears on, and don't seem to give a damn.
Quite busy the park nowadays, especially after the Olympics!
By 'dawns early light' might provea a good go, especially if you can get in before the vehicle gates are opened.
Any details are sure to draw at least a few peeps.
As long as it isn't an old dear, Ed, you should be alright.
The young ones buck the trend too, but I still managed to damage a calf muscle last time I ventured out.
If it is a pet worry - best not to keep one. :rolleyes:
Happy cycling.

Tim Hall

My (accident prone) nephew broke his arm a year or so ago, having been offed by a Wowbadger near Ham Gate. He wasn't going very fast. And neither was the badger.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Badgers are dodgy - they'll swipe you off the bike, kick your head in, then nick your iPhone! I haven't seen any in Richmond Park, even after dark. The deer are always a threat though and you need good lights.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My badger was very determined on his course across the edge of the park, the verge, and the tarmac. He did not deviate from his chosen path but just rumbled along at a robust pace. He looked surprisingly solid four feet from my front wheel.
It was a privilege to have met him but I had a bit if a fright.

TB or not TB

PK99

Legendary Member

my mate hit one on wimbledon common. Complete somersault, Written off front wheel and some very sore bits - could have been very nasty

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
my mate hit one on wimbledon common. Complete somersault, Written off front wheel and some very sore bits - could have been very nasty

Any idea of the Badger's subsequent response to the collision? These things worry me and I want to be armed with all the info I can get, before I next enter the common.

Top Bottom