Richmond park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jake

Well i hghly recomend it, having just got back. Set off at around 10am, and home now at 18.30. Great day out cycling, so many amazing bikes there to see, mostly Trek. dam good to see. Makes you see how unfit one is compared to some of the guys and gals too. Perfect day for it, although maybe too hot. Did some fab circuits, dam some of those hills are hard. Think i'm ready for bed lol. Go for it if you can.

PLUS, i did 34.9mph (downhill mind you) lol

thomas

the tank engine
I remember going as a kid and taking about an hour for a speedy loop...and I remember going again a year or so and wondering what took so long when I was a kid :bravo:

This was on the track around.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was in the area yesterday - Kew Gardens.... and I can see why you Londoner's ride round a 'park' - the roads are so terribly clogged with cars (I was one) - chuffin orrible.

Park is clogged with cars too Fossy - and Old Bill and their radar guns clocking cages AND cyclists exceeding the 20mph speed limit within...:becool:

But it is nice for a gentle ride around - as long as you are not a weekend warrior (London Dynamo:tongue:) trying to conquer the world it is a place of modest interest, zig-zagging the park as well, many exits to different places...Ham & eggs, Richmond pork sausages, mango Putney etc...

Sittingduck is a regular too, or was - but now he has the Garmin...:bravo:

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

yes that is the prob with london, you cant ever do a good run. Too many drivers, too many lights and too many potholes. It was great to do a long ride like that. There were a lot of people, myself included, zooming around at "high speed", although a lot was a gentle 15mph taking in the scenery and those lovely deer, plus the other cute cyclists lol. did not see any radar traps

Aperitif said:
Park is clogged with cars too Fossy - and Old Bill and their radar guns clocking cages AND cyclists exceeding the 20mph speed limit within...:smile:

But it is nice for a gentle ride around - as long as you are not a weekend warrior (London Dynamo:tongue:) trying to conquer the world it is a place of modest interest, zig-zagging the park as well, many exits to different places...Ham & eggs, Richmond pork sausages, mango Putney etc...

Sittingduck is a regular too, or was - but now he has the Garmin...:bravo:

Putney :becool::rolleyes: – where’s Putney gate then???

Seriously though, must have been a bloody nightmare in there today – cars and bikes all over the place – if you can, especially this time of year, try and get there before the gates open to traffic (7am), or just after 9pm when they close (8.45 from mid July) – the park is open to cyclists 24 hours, and it’s perfectlu legal to take your bike in through the ped gates

it’s lovely on warm summer’s evenings once the gates are closed

Link to traffic opening times is here: http://www.royalparks.org.uk/docs/richmondpark/OpeningClosingTimesRichParkK.pdf

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:
Sittingduck is a regular too, or was - but now he has the Garmin...:biggrin:

:cheers: The 605 was dispatched Today by Amazon... It won't arrive until next week so it gives me a chance to have a gentle pootle round the park tomorrow without temptation to venture to pastures new...

I'm going there in the morning with Ianrauk and his mate Burak, if anyone's interested in meeting up - we'll be there about 10 for a couple of cheeky laps :hyper:

Are you working tomorrow Mr 'Teef or fancy coming along to hunt down the Dynamos?!

SD

redjedi

Über Member
Sittingduck said:
:biggrin: The 605 was dispatched Today by Amazon... It won't arrive until next week so it gives me a chance to have a gentle pootle round the park tomorrow without temptation to venture to pastures new...

I'm going there in the morning with Ianrauk and his mate Burak, if anyone's interested in meeting up - we'll be there about 10 for a couple of cheeky laps :cheers:

Are you working tomorrow Mr 'Teef or fancy coming along to hunt down the Dynamos?!

SD

There's a coincidence I was also planning on going there tomorrow for a quick spin.

10am you say. Will you be at the cafe (the same one where we met for the first CC ride?)

I'll aim for 10 and if I miss you I'll catch you up somewhere around the park.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi RJ

Yeah, I'm meeting Ian and Burak @ Clapham Common - 9am so we'll be warmed up and perhaps on lap #2 by 10am? Will aim to be at the Cafe car park at 10... will pm you my mobile # incase any hiccups!

Cheers
SD

So tempted - but building my front step - so will decline thanks. My willpower is at a ridiculously low ebb at the moment - even last night I was speculating on an early morning blast to Stonehenge...Baaah. (Only takes me 25 mins pootle to Richmond though...hmmm)

B-B-BikeyStrike!

Just went there today! What a great place to bomb around in! Had fun going round the gravelled paths on my Badboy 700. Is it wise to take a Badboy on those trails? With its road tires? It was great fun.

Top Bottom