Ride an elecric bike and risk losing your leg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmm - I know the TPT around Widnes

The route from Spike Island toward The Ferry and onto Warrington is one of my common routes
Nice path - easy to ride just watch out for walkers, dogs and riders coming the other way at speed!!!
From Spike Island up the Mersey I also know well
Only problem is the steps where the local river (OK Streams) enter the Mersey so you have to go down a load of steps - but the surface is good
Although if you do it in wet weather in either case be prepared to clean your bike after!!!

Know it well. Hasn't got any better.
I think it has been surfaced so the depressions are tarmac now, I've been back through once in the wet and turned round at one point as it was flooded edge to edge and for around 50m so no way was I risking that when a simple puddle killed a pair of wheels.

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
I once met a couple on the TPT/Cheshire Lines just up the road from here. They had set out to ride TPT in mid afternoon. They were planning to camp for the night in a park in West Derby.
Rather them than me😱😱😱

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
Presumably somewhere in here

Not for me. Even in daylight.

No. They had looked at the map and seen a public park so they decided to pitch camp in there. Yikes.
Yea Gods - apart fro being illegal when is that a good idea??

Although many many years ago I met a guy who was walking around the coast of Great Britain (before instagram and sfuff - he was just doing it because)
It was spring and he had gone from Brighton area to the Lake District over winter and early spring by walking until dark and then camping in fields or whatever - then getting up and carrying on when it became light again
WHen I met him he had stopped in a Youth Hostel so he could get a proper night's sleep as the nights had become too short
field OK
Parks in city centres - maybe not

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
Croxteth is where Wayne Rooney comes from.
And where Rhys Jones was killed.
You need to be very brave to spend any time anywhere on that map^^^.

Top Bottom