Ride in of the year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
yeah, happy up Hack

I post a thread every few months tops

and you'll be thrilled to hear my happy state continues, shame about the weather, some light diy yesterday, a new shower curtain, fixed the flush on the toilet, some shelf work inside the kitchen cupboards, two lie ins already this weekend, paid for the tyre the LBS let me have on credit two weeks

much hilarity from them about interest rates, got family over for bbq on Monday, so it'll be the usual operation htf to cook enough stuff on the not big enough for that many people bbq

and a splendid (in a gauche way) Engerland gazebo in B&Q for £14.50 was sadly sold out, I'm not suprised, it looked just the thing for the World Cup period, at least me and the boy got our World Cup fixtures poster up on the freezer door, relegating pictures of children and calanders and other useless dross to the bottom half of the door

'until the final or England being knocked out, whichever should come first'

I think that will be...when England meet a half decent team.....

If we could win it with hot air we'd be reigning champions....

potsy said:
Just watched your latest vid hackers,are you wearing your ninja suit again?:biggrin:

I liked number three with the ped stepping out in front of me...with the cyclist who was behind me at the time talking into his mobile phone...(which In didn't know at the time...although I knew he was breathing down my neck...Coupled with a rough road surface at the time made it a bit rough incident...I had to take a chance in the end as the ped was a danger...I already knew that before hand but didn't want to pull right as I still had a problem with the cyclist behind...Then I saw same cyclist with mobile phone in ear scoot on the inside of a van at the traffic lights....;)

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
and the bbq was a hooge sucess, very dodgy weather had to be ignored, bro turned up early, tired old knackered gazebo erected using four adults, an inspired suggestion to put christmas lights up inside it, tables, chairs, wireless speakers putting out a very eclectic mix, kids testing the trampolene, some nice salads from the girls and I light and start

eight thighs, ten drumsticks, fifteen spare ribs, four posh burgers, six posh sausages, four venison burgers,twelve lamb chops and three fat and tasty posh rump steaks, all marinated from frozen the night before

despite my brother fussing about, saying chicken on the bone should be finished in the oven, meat should be kept warm in the oven, I needed more charcoal, I kept my nerve and kept it proper old skool, wowed him with the dial adjustable grill height and produced a mountain of perfectly cooked meats, got the steaks bang on, much congratulation and the whole lot eaten barring a drumstick, a thigh and a venson burger and a half

the sister in law made some sort of raspberry sponge cream Nigella cake that angels would have killed for

and a whiffy camembert was half polished off for extra desserts, sun came out at the end too, classic afternoon, a delight

muderous day's work today and a ride home in the rain to bring a fellow back down to earth

Top Bottom